Didn't hear this story on the news

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
GMN's post about the kidnapped girl's homecoming made me want to share another homecoming story I just learned about last night. My wife's next door neighbor called with some exciting news. You see, he was raised an only child by two wonderful people who were a bit older than most of the other parents for a child his age. His father died a few years ago and his mother passed this year essentially leaving him alone in the world. Just last week he received a phone call from someone and it turns out he was adopted and was reunited with his birth mother and his stepfather. Now he has brothers and sisters and a host of other relatives. He is on cloud 9 to put it mildly.

Oh no, its nothing like that. I left out a bunch of the details. His real mother had tried for years to see him again but his adopted parents did not want this to happen for fear it might cause him some problems so they went so far as to have the court order her to stay clear of him and they moved away severing all communitcation with anyone from wherever it was they were originally from. The real mother searched for years to find him. She finally located an organization that rejoins people like this. This organization called a judge who happened to know him and his step parents personally and with two phone calls they were rejoined together after nearly 50 years.

They don't all end up that happy. Some of the kids even though they're your flesh and blood would have been better off drowned at birth like unwanted kittens

That's a head scratcher. Jo, pardon me for asking but wouldn't your wife's next door neighbor also be your next door neighbor?

ga. prime":2a068c07 said:
That's a head scratcher. Jo, pardon me for asking but wouldn't your wife's next door neighbor also be your next door neighbor?

Ya'll got to know that Jo's real name is Jogeephus Abdulla al Shabbaz. He is actually a prince in the Saudi Arabian Royal family. He has many, many wives and his wife's next door neighbor may actually be living in a beduine (sp?) tent on Jo's vast land holdings somewhere in the oil rich desert. So any one of Jo's wives could have a neighbor that is not Jo's neighbor. Jo chooses to live in Georgia so that he can secretly perfect his herd of imbalancer cattle. This new breed will be like a new oil boom. I suspect that he has crossed some camel genetics into his imbalancer breeding stock to perfect those top-lines. :mrgreen:

HOSS":2ah3hk1c said:
ga. prime":2ah3hk1c said:

Ya'll got to know that Jo's real name is Jogeephus Abdulla al Shabbaz. He is actually a prince in the Saudi Arabian Royal family. He has many, many wives and his wife's next door neighbor may actually be living in a beduine (sp?) tent on Jo's vast land holdings somewhere in the oil rich desert. So any one of Jo's wives could have a neighbor that is not Jo's neighbor. Jo chooses to live in Georgia so that he can secretly perfect his herd of imbalancer cattle. This new breed will be like a new oil boom. I suspect that he has crossed some camel genetics into his imbalancer breeding stock to perfect those top-lines. :mrgreen:

GP, I was speaking in the past tense, but he was my wife's next door neighbor when she was growing up.

Hoss, there you go again letting the camel out of the bag before the black gold is truly perfected. But its true - with camel gene splicing to select group of bovines, I have come up with a superior breed that excels on grass and can be easily finished with just a few pounds of mature grass seed. More importantly, this process has been carried over to my swine operation and using this same process with goat genes I have developed the Imbalancer Pigs which will be the only Kosher Pork available.

RD-Sam":t0jqoy2x said:
I'm sure they must do well in drought conditions too!

:lol2: :lol2: Most definitely. I'm thinking its got something to do with the hump on their backs but I'm hoping to get some grant money to study this in detail. ;-) :nod:

dun":2zv8g4dr said:
They don't all end up that happy. Some of the kids even though they're your flesh and blood would have been better off drowned at birth like unwanted kittens
Or knocked in the head, regardless of whose flesh and blood.

Case a few years ago of a kid whose parents were both professors, if memory serves. Nice home, opportunity for a fine education, well provided for. He got into that gothic stuff and must have gone crazy. Took a knife one day and killed his mother and tried to kill his father.

Much better to have been culled out at birth, it seems to me.

I have a cousin who was adopted. After his parents died he went looking and found his birth mother. She was a real old skank who had 9 kids from 7 different fathers. Pretty soon he had all these low life half blood sibs camping on his door step! He actually turned out pretty good.

I don't know if telling an adopted child the truth about their adoption is a good thing or not. This guy turned out really well by not knowing but he said he always thought something was missing in his life. His mother just made a mistake when she was young and it sounds like she is a stable person. I grew up with several children who were adopted and most had issues later in life from learning the truth. My daughter's friend was just told that she too was adopted. She is experiencing some issues over this at the moment. Defintely a hard call to make but I think I too would keep it from them if I chose to adopt a new born - at least until they were older - but I really don't know for sure.

Oldest girl kept telling youngest girl she was adopted--
was true that youngest didn't look much like oldest,older took after fathers family,(more ways than looks)youngest took after mine..Bothered her so much she asked me about it just a few years ago.

Our oldest son used to tell his younger twin brothers that they were adopted. They'd come cryin' to me and I'd just say, "No way! You think we'd have picked you if we had a choice?" Then they went cryin' to mom and guess who ended up bein' the only one in the whole deal to get in trouble. :)

fit2btied":tkbxbl58 said:
Our oldest son used to tell his younger twin brothers that they were adopted. They'd come cryin' to me and I'd just say, "No way! You think we'd have picked you if we had a choice?" Then they went cryin' to mom and guess who ended up bein' the only one in the whole deal to get in trouble. :)

:lol2: :lol2:

OH GEE!!! Why didn't I think of that!! :lol2: :lol: :clap: :tiphat:

fit2btied":1k2sjs4y said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts