Didja miss me

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":3c55wls3 said:
Hi All!
I've been gone a few months. Did I miss anything?
Glad you're back boondocks. You ain't missed nuttin, but a buncha squabblin. Get in on some.

Txpiney":1yzrb2ai said:
Have yaw got any hay twisted up?

Well, we have about 200 bales of round baleage and only need about half that but can't find buyers for the rest yet. Then, we got a long dry spell and the milkweed took over. (Hate the milkweed for haymaking but the monarch butterflies (it's their only food source) have been amazing. Haven't seen this many since I was a kid. Trying to look on the bright side lol). Since then, we've had rain galore so haven't got a second cutting yet. We need to make some small squares but it's all going to weed...No letup in sight thru the end of the month.

How about you?

Ravens been drunk and disorderly pretty much all the time. Everybody's been spittin on the floor and farm fence keeps putting his feet up on the furniture.
I've been real good though :nod: .....glad to have you back ma'am.

True grit is now in charge of morals and ethics btw.

boondocks":2rtuy1yz said:
Well, we have about 200 bales of round baleage and only need about half that but can't find buyers for the rest yet. Then, we got a long dry spell and the milkweed took over. (Hate the milkweed for haymaking but the monarch butterflies (it's their only food source) have been amazing. Haven't seen this many since I was a kid. Trying to look on the bright side lol). Since then, we've had rain galore so haven't got a second cutting yet. We need to make some small squares but it's all going to weed...No letup in sight thru the end of the month.

How about you?

Wondered where you were. Save that hay if you can, you'll have buyers. Boy did I ever get hosed this spring having to buy hay. Just about had to sell my son and wife to get it bought.

callmefence":mf6x6ro8 said:
Ravens been drunk and disorderly pretty much all the time. Everybody's been spittin on the floor and farm fence keeps putting his feet up on the furniture.
I've been real good though :nod: .....glad to have you back ma'am.

True grit is now in charge of morals and ethics btw.

I believe the military term is: S.N.A.F.U. :lol:

Bestoutwest":28y5k42a said:
boondocks":28y5k42a said:

How about you?

Wondered where you were. Save that hay if you can, you'll have buyers. Boy did I ever get hosed this spring having to buy hay. Just about had to sell my son and wife to get it bought.

Just make sure you get a good price for 'em. ;-)
Our area is actually overstocked with hay this year. Started off with lots of people having leftover. The decimation of the dairy industry around here made hay demand plummet. Had the extension agent out 2 weeks ago and he said he has people begging him to help find a market but the bulk buyers won't even return his calls....So we may hold onto a few more cows than we planned; we have a few nice experienced ones (with some good years left) we'd thought to sell but may retain.

boondocks":xjylcqs2 said:
skyhightree1":xjylcqs2 said:
boondocks":xjylcqs2 said:
Hi All!
I've been gone a few months. Did I miss anything?

Shesssssss baccccck

Was sorry to read of the bumps in the road, Sky. How ya feeling?

Thanks better but still not 100% weak as all get out lost 24# as of now and had been dehydrated but can eat more now so hope to rebound soon.. you been ok?

skyhightree1":lgxxvrxn said:
boondocks":lgxxvrxn said:
skyhightree1":lgxxvrxn said:
Shesssssss baccccck

Thanks better but still not 100% weak as all get out lost 24# as of now and had been dehydrated but can eat more now so hope to rebound soon.. you been ok?
Glad you're a bit better and hope you continue to heal up!
I'm still wrestling with my torn-up neck and shoulder, ugh. Been since early Feb. Gets a bit better then I try to resume normal stuff and get it agitated again. I always heard old age wasn't for wimps but no one warned me about middle age!

boondocks":2ascmkwe said:
Glad you're a bit better and hope you continue to heal up!
I'm still wrestling with my torn-up neck and shoulder, ugh. Been since early Feb. Gets a bit better then I try to resume normal stuff and get it agitated again. I always heard old age wasn't for wimps but no one warned me about middle age![/quote]

I agree with all you said it's no joke at all

skyhightree1":1m985khv said:
boondocks":1m985khv said:
skyhightree1":1m985khv said:
Shesssssss baccccck

Don't worry,If you are like me you will gain it all back and then some.

JW IN VA":1yxnole4 said:
skyhightree1":1yxnole4 said:
boondocks":1yxnole4 said:

Don't worry,If you are like me you will gain it all back and then some.

:lol:

Latest posts