Did You See

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
On the news yesterday DEA agent teaching gun safety to a bunch of school kids and shot himself in the foot.
Now he is sueing the government over the video getting out.

Calman":29pble26 said:
Thats about par for the course,blame someone else on your own ignorance.

Cal

It was hilarous as he was raving about qualified he was and shot himself in the foot. Had some fancy auto if it would have been a 1911 cocked and locked he wouldn't be embarassed and hurting today.

The 1911 has four different safety's which make it a very safe weapon to carry and if you know the saftey features it still was a quick grab and fire weapon.Has a long history of being a military side arm.Had quite a bit more knock down power than the 38 that it replaced.And still a very popular weapon. DEA agent will probably end up with a purple Heart.

Cal

At least some sanity ruled:
The DEA agent who shot himself during a gun safety demonstration to Orlando kids had his lawsuit dismissed, according to the Smoking Gun. In the lawsuit, DEA agent Lee Paige claims that the leaked DEA agent video showing him shooting himself in the leg amounted to a violation of his privacy rights.

The DEA agent video shows Lee Paige holding a gun and saying, "I am the only one in the room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock 40." Ironically, he proceeds to accidentally shoot himself in the leg immediately after. After the video was leaked on the internet, Paige claims that he became the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments" everywhere he went.
Lee Paige claims that he had to suffer in this manner because the DEA released the video, Reason Blog reports.

U.S. District Judge Jack Shanstrom said that Paige failed to present any evidence on the source of the video. The DEA video was shot by private individual on a Mini-DV storage device. That Mini-DV was provided to the DEA, according to the order. However, Judge Shanstrom ruled that Paige was unable to establish that the video footage at issue that was publicized on the Internet came from a protected "system of records" and that the release of the video was done with an "intentional and willful" mental state by the DEA.

As a result, Paige did not meet the Privacy Act's disclosure provision since the
circumstances surrounding the shooting were already in the public domain. Also, the Privacy Act does not allow recovery for emotional and reputational damages.

In this situation, it seems that Lee Paige may have shot himself again in the foot.

That was classic. After he shot himself he carried on with his presentation to the kids for a minute or 2, stating thats how easy accidents can happen. The guy is an idiot, but at least he made his point to the kids about gun safety before he went to the hospital.

Calman":2gp3fx5q said:
The 1911 has four different safety's which make it a very safe weapon to carry and if you know the saftey features it still was a quick grab and fire weapon.Has a long history of being a military side arm.Had quite a bit more knock down power than the 38 that it replaced.And still a very popular weapon. DEA agent will probably end up with a purple Heart.

Cal

Inter arms makes a safe gun I like also. Some guns out there are just a step above a zip gun. You have to wonder about gangsters putting them in their waistbands. I kind of like that.

backhoeboogie":2r3arl1s said:
Calman":2r3arl1s said:

Cal

Inter arms makes a safe gun I like also. Some guns out there are just a step above a zip gun. You have to wonder about gangsters putting them in their waistbands. I kind of like that.
With some of these morons the only safe gun would be one that can;t hold ammunition.

I was in law enforcement for 30 years and every department has their " EXPERT KNOW IT ALL" You can't tell them anything, don't even suggest something because they know it all. Actually they are a danger to themselves and others. Most of them ware out their welcome and move from department to department or get fired for doing something stupid. I fine this so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I carried a Glock 40 for years, the only safety on it was to not have one in the chamber.

You gotta be tuff, if your going be dumb. Those kids will never forget to treat every gun like its loaded.
At least I hope so, sounded like the kids had some sense anyway.

Lets not get this to be like the majority of the posts on youtube about it

highgrit":2799fuvj said:
You gotta be tuff, if your going be dumb. Those kids will never forget to treat every gun like its loaded.
At least I hope so, sounded like the kids had some sense anyway.
One of my mother's favorite expressions. We're not the most sympathetic bunch anyway, but she's always saying "If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough," especially about cows and horses that are always finding a way to get hurt. I say that like there's any other kind...

I just want to know if this agent goes out on disability. Or retires with a disability retirement. Now that would be funny. :bang: