Did you ever steal anything as a kid?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":msis6ux3 said:
Rock salt I know of. Watermelon stealing not so much.

Oh my goodness, Hook. You haven't lived until you've stolen watermelons. Used to be one of our favorites to do in watermelon season. We used to have watermelon roasts. We would invite a few of our most friendly young ladies down to the river, build a big fire and throw a few melons in the fire. When the melons exploded everyone would pair up and go get a piece. (Don't think about it too long.)

Sunfish":2zbf93er said:
I was raised poor white trash and was taught the lifestyle by older cousins and just went along with it but I knew it was wrong. I was raised by a single mother that worked 12 hour days to keep a roof over our heads. She wasn't around to control me and couldn't had she been there.
At 10 a Swiss army knife from the teachers desk
At 11 I was taught by an older cousin how to take cash from family and freinds purses
At 12 I was a shoplifting pro
At 13 breaking into cars and homes
At 14 I was breaking into businesses
At 15 I was stealing cars
At 15 I spent time in an very unpleasant youth facility with some boys that where very tough and would hurt you if given the chance. I thought I was a tough guy until I met some tough guys in the youth facility and learned I was not really that tough
I survived with a few scraps along the way and decided that was not the way I was going to spend my life. I never stole another thing and never gotten over the guilt
I have tried to make up for what I did as a kid and try to help anybody that's in need. I suppose it's an attempt to make up for what I've done and relieve the guilt
It haunts me to this day and still lowers my opinion of myself. No matter what I do in life in my mind I'm still trash.
It's my cross to bear
Forgive yourself and get on with your life. You're a man now. ;-)

Dave":2g55qs1n said:
J&D Cattle":2g55qs1n said:
3waycross":2g55qs1n said:
watermelons missouri 1959.

I've heard a lot of those stories 3way. Grandpa got shot at once when he was young doing the same thing. Dad told me the other day about him and a melon patch, got a good laugh.

I got a little rock salt in my britches in a melon patch in either '69 or '70. It was my one and only attempt at liberating melons. I believe it was beer that caused the entire event. Beer to come up with the idea and plan. Beer to build up the courage. Beer that caused the noise that led to being discovered. And finally beer to ease the pain of rock salt in the rear. So I blame the entire event on beer.

I blamed my headache on beer Sunday morning too. Beer sure takes a lot of finger pointing. :lol2:

trappersteve":3ndhgyrx said:
TexasBred":3ndhgyrx said:
trappersteve":3ndhgyrx said:
when I was a kid I stole a box of condoms just to see What they looked like lol
Hope you got the "BIG" ones. :lol: :lol:
I don't remember but I do know we made water balloons out of them

We did that in Jr High and left them all over the girls restroom...........we did not get away with it.

Sunfish":2svf9xfs said:
I was raised poor white trash and was taught the lifestyle by older cousins and just went along with it but I knew it was wrong. I was raised by a single mother that worked 12 hour days to keep a roof over our heads. She wasn't around to control me and couldn't had she been there.
At 10 a Swiss army knife from the teachers desk
At 11 I was taught by an older cousin how to take cash from family and freinds purses
At 12 I was a shoplifting pro
At 13 breaking into cars and homes
At 14 I was breaking into businesses
At 15 I was stealing cars
At 15 I spent time in an very unpleasant youth facility with some boys that where very tough and would hurt you if given the chance. I thought I was a tough guy until I met some tough guys in the youth facility and learned I was not really that tough
I survived with a few scraps along the way and decided that was not the way I was going to spend my life. I never stole another thing and never gotten over the guilt
I have tried to make up for what I did as a kid and try to help anybody that's in need. I suppose it's an attempt to make up for what I've done and relieve the guilt
It haunts me to this day and still lowers my opinion of myself. No matter what I do in life in my mind I'm still trash.
It's my cross to bear

Something I want to add
I was in the center and we had church on Sunday morning. You had the option of lockup or church
I always went and only halfway listened. This particular Sunday we had a preacher that told about the adulterous woman that was brought to Jesus and and he said the one without sin should cast the first stone and they all left. Jesus said he didn't condemn her and to go and sin no more.
He said we could do the same
We stood up and prayed for forgiveness and accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as our savior
At that moment the Lord entered me. I had a feeling like all the evil exited me at that moment.
I was suddenly happy and not angery anymore.
I remember it like it was yesterday. It changed my life and I have tried to serve the Lord since

Sunfish, you certainly made the right decision that day. May God continue to bless you as you serve Him.