Did you ever steal anything as a kid?

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
A post on another thread got me to wondering: how many people ever took something that wasn't theirs when they were a kid (let's say, under age 18)?
I'll see who else weighs in before I confess. :)

Deepsouth":cw8a5e41 said:
When I was about 12 or 13 I stole some fishing lures from a store. They were beetle spins probably cost about .50 cent apiece back then.

I may be a thief but I'm not a lier.

How many fish did you catch and how big were they?

1.You shall have no other gods before Me.
2.You shall not make idols.
3.You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
4.Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5.Honor your father and your mother.
6.You shall not murder.
7.You shall not commit adultery.
8.You shall not steal.
9.You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.You shall not covet.

I have broken almost every one but the one that has haunted me the most is 8. When I was in the 6th grade, at the tender age of 12, Johnny Gillispie, Charles Cummins and I used a skelton key to enter the cafeteria. It was a remote elementary school where all 8 grades were taught in 4 rooms. There were 4 teachers. Two grades were taught in each of the four rooms. Before school started one morning and before the two cafeteria cooks came to work, we used Johnny's skelton key to enter the cafeteria. We opened the refrigerator and each of us stole a 5 cent bottle of chocolate milk. At that time, milk was containerized in a glass bottle with a cardboard tab as the lid. We drank the chocolate milk and left. No one ever found out as far as I know. I had night sweats because of the guilt. Thank goodness I was beyond the age of thinking the Devil would get me. But the guilt was oppressive. I regret that act more than any sin I have ever commited.

Stoled some dimes from my dad to buy cigerettes once. Got caught, was too scared to try it from anyone/anywhere after that

I stole .45 cents off a table in our restaurant once. It was not good, I ended up in the hospital for stitches in my head. But it was my azz that hurt the most. I'm sure that's what saved me from doing any hard time in the stockade. My Dad said the only thing worse than a liar is a thief. He kicked me in the azz about 4 feet, and my head hit the corner of the sink in the kitchen. And I'm sure that's what saved my life.

Stole a candy bar from the store my dad worked at when I was about 6. I had to take it back in and apologize by my self. The azz whooping was worse.

Does stealing girlfriends count?

nicked a chocolate bar from my brothers Christmas box when he was out if that counts. Had to give him one of mine when Mum found out, she gave me such a telling off, and told me my fingers would fall off if I ever done anything like that again. Of cause you believe anything your Mum tells you when you are little, so never from a store or another person, as the fear of having no fingers and a tongue lashing from Mum was deterrent enough.

I took a pack of cigarettes off my papaw when i was 15. There was a girl involved And it was a bad year for me.

Stole a fishing lure from K-mart. Stuck it down my britches. The treble hook caught my man gear on the way out. Never stole again.

I took a Hershey bar from Revco drug store when I was about five. Mom caught me and whipped me good when we got to the car, but the worst part was she made me go back in the store and pay for the candy and apoligize to the manager. I felt about two inches tall when I went back in the store. That put a quick end to my life of crime.

Walked thru my neighbor's backyard everyday on the way home from school and one day picked up a few pieces of 1x8 cedar he had cut off from a project he was doing. (good wood was something we never had at my house--my father was a rough board and beam type carpenter--hired any other type carpentry done)
The neighbor came over and told my father what I had done and I got 'what for" over it and had to go over, return the wood and apologize. He simply told me that had I asked, he would have given them to me, but just taking them was wrong. I never forgot it.

I stole somefishing lures from a store....I may be a thief but I'm not a lier
I asked how many and how big the fish were because as we all know, fishermen are notorious liars. :D

My Dad said the only thing worse than a liar is a thief.
I have always been of the opinion that liars are on par with thieves and the worst kind of theif, as they steal the most valued thing we have--truth and honesty.

Alan, did you also happen to parachute out of an airplane between Seattle and Portland back in 1971 with $200,000 strapped to your back?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's interesting that so many cases ended up with a good wuppin at home. I'll bet none of those that got that wuppin have ever been shot by a cop for breaking the law. I was shot at by a cop but that was because he caught his wife at my house, when I saw the gun I jumped out the bedroom window.

Latest posts