Did I Go to far ???

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
as most of you are aware I have a degree in redneck engineering and have a little mechanical ability and I have been told I should have just fixed it myself. here is the back story

Our local NH dealer is a Echo dealer , last fall while buying parts I mentioned to the counter guy " Ive got an old echo weedeater/ brushcutter hanging under the barn that belonged to my grandfather. I need to get it running again" he said we have an excellent repair guy you should bring it in . I thought about it and said you know they have the carb kits there and since this one is so old I should just let them service it and tune it and maybe get another 30 yrs out of it. so I dropped it off the next week.

I didn't think much about it and a month or so later I was in getting something and asked if it was ready he looked back at the manager office and said no its still sitting there so I said no problem and went my merry way.

About February I was in again and same thing . I said well tell them to hurry up I might need it soon and forgot about it again. last Friday I stopped to buy my hay string for this year and said im gonna pick it up today no matter what.

The counter guy looked for it and after some searching they called me back to the shop. handed me the weedeater and said the tech estimated the repairs would be about 160. to 180 bucks and with that price you would be better off to just buy a new one. I chuckled and said yea well it was a good one and ill just hang it back under the barn.

I loaded my string and got back to the office and I thought Ill see what a kit cost and drop 20 bucks or so in it and then i'll know for sure . when I was getting the serial number I noticed that not a single screw has been turned on it and it pizzed me off that they had just lied to me about the diagnostic test they had done.

I called there corp office and filed a complaint and when I headed to lunch I decided to confront the Basstard . I marched in his office called him a f'n liar and laid out the facts. I might have threatened him a little cause he asked me to leave.

I received a phone call from this guys supposed boss and explained in detail what happened and he was apologetic and wanted to try and make it right. That gave me some satisfaction and I started to get over it and move on. Until about 5:30 I was doing chores and riding the grand daughter on the Kubota when my phone rang it was the manager and all he could do was make excuses and never apologized until I mentioned it. It pizzed me off again.

Yea I'm an A'hole I know that. My gut tells me to go there this morning with the weedeater running and walk in the door back to the guys office (that was kinda what I said I was gonna do Friday) I don't want to be known for not keeping my word. or should I just keep complaining to his bosses.

We will be judged someday, by the same measure as we judge others

I try to operate with that in the back of my mind.

We've all been snookered at some point, and lost control. I know I have.

He probably don't care. His boss owns the place and he wanted a new computer.

They will laugh at you when you leave!!

Customer service is long gone for the most part. I get a little out of hand in situations like that, as well. Just holler if you want a little back up.....I've got a post supplier in GA that's been jerking me around with some crappy product, so I just might be in your neighborhood sometime soon!

Farm Fence Solutions":2v5qbdgc said:
Customer service is long gone for the most part. I get a little out of hand in situations like that, as well. Just holler if you want a little back up.....I've got a post supplier in GA that's been jerking me around with some crappy product, so I just might be in your neighborhood sometime soon!

Yes. Its gone. Every company from three personnel to 600,000 don't even answer their phone. A computer system does.

Bright Raven":69lehx7b said:
Farm Fence Solutions":69lehx7b said:

Yes. Its gone. Every company from three personnel to 600,000 don't even answer their phone. A computer system does.

Not true !! I STILL PROVIDE Customer service beyond industry standards. That's why I expect a normal level of CS from the people I deal with.

This whole ordeal is a 100% your fault M5. You never bring something that you can fix, to someone else to try and fix it for you. You knew better but just had to do it anyway. Call me if you need to get bailed out.

M-5":x41ke311 said:
Bright Raven":x41ke311 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":x41ke311 said:

Not true !! I STILL PROVIDE Customer service beyond industry standards. That's why I expect a normal level of CS from the people I deal with.

I feel like we do, as well. My last wire salesman only visited me one time in four years, and only lives 5 hours away. Next week, I'll get my 3rd visit so far this year from my current supplier.....and they have to come from the U.K. Quite a service difference, and it's been refreshing. Quality is most important, but service is a close second.

M-5":3jhclbru said:
Bright Raven":3jhclbru said:

Being in customer service for most of my life I agree with this. In the current market, I'm finding the best customer service in the places with better run middle mgmt, telling me the company is focusing on it. There are plenty of exceptions to this rule, but I'm currently spending my $ at the best run places, as long as the prices are fair.

And it deserved what you did, but going Tony Soprano, probably isn't the best idea :).

Bright Raven":3ktt7rb0 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3ktt7rb0 said:

This is why there is no customer service:
Forget it. Not worth the time.

People (especially businesses and govt) do things based on just 2 things.

Can I?
and
Can I get away with it?

dieselbeef":2uqna79h said:
problem is sir..nobody cares about you..except you. the customer is just a pita now..they just wanna sell new scgidt
It's not just that tho DB. M-5 may be like I am. If someone can't or won't do something, that's fine. Just tell me you can't or won't, but DON'T benicin lie to me and falsely tell me you will do it or did to it. It's one thing to forget, but abjectly lie about it is different altogether.
Liars are same as thieves--they steal the truth, and just one step above child molesters IMO. All 3 should be tied to a tree and have the flesh flayed from their backs.

greybeard":zvxxwjiz said:
dieselbeef":zvxxwjiz said:
problem is sir..nobody cares about you..except you. the customer is just a pita now..they just wanna sell new scgidt
It's not just that tho DB. M-5 may be like I am. If someone can't or won't do something, that's fine. Just tell me you can't or won't, but DON'T benicin lie to me and falsely tell me you will do it or did to it. It's one thing to forget, but abjectly lie about it is different altogether.
Liars are same as thieves--they steal the truth, and just one step above child molesters IMO. All 3 should be tied to a tree and have the flesh flayed from their backs.

exactly - tell me you forgot about it. at least take a blower and blow the dust off or skin up the screws a little , but to tell me your diagnosis is the carb needs replacing and the material and labor would be X amount and it not be true just as bad as spitting in my face.

M5,
I say take it as far as you want to, I will kick in on the bail money.. If you embarrass the service tech it wont fix your problem but he might not try it again. CS is terrible in this country for the most part. BTW I hate a liar too.

Bright Raven":2ii0ancx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2ii0ancx said:

If someone call us, and nobody answers......I'm gonna be as mad as M-5. Our 800 number rings to all of our cell phones if nobody picks up in the office.

Latest posts