did anyone see the cattle show tonight

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
They had a show about a WW portable rawhide corral system. That was pretty slick. I wonder what that little jewel would set a man back. IF you got to see it, what was your opinion.

I contacted a man and he said I could pich one up in OK for 9g's or get one at a dealer for 12. PM me if you want his name and other info.

that's pretty slick, but I could build a lot of pens and panels for $12,000. If I had more than 1 spot or had to travel a lot, that would be nice. All my cattle are worked in one set of working pens that all pastures lead to. Thanks for the info

My main dislike is the stability. I had a angus bull that did not like being in a corral. If you were to put him or some flighty cows in that corral they would simply lower their head and raise up the panels and plow their way to freedom.

My second dislike is how are you going to get the cows and calves inside without some kind of funnelling system. I guess that the real cowboys with horses and dogs could round them up and force them to go in , however I don't have that option and hope never to need it.

I prefer the old feed bucket and funnel systems. I like cattle that are gentle enough to come when called and a funnelling pen to force any calves in the corral that lag behind.

Waht I could tell is they had part of the big pen pulled against a permenant fence and the fence and some horses drove them into it. I like the feed method myself.

I was up at a friend's house and saw that Rawhide system on RFD. I have decided that I will definitely get one, just as soon as I claim my Lotto winnings. It was a pretty slick idea, however we seem to manage to get Longhorn cattle up and move them back and forth all across the county. :)

Latest posts