Dicks sporting goods

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller":kbz2xdx1 said:
greybeard":kbz2xdx1 said:
TexasBred":kbz2xdx1 said:
And now the price is highest it's been in over 2 years. Very little if any of this protest crap has any long term effects.
Not exactly. Not quite even quite back where they were in Nov '16.

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.

Glad you posted that. I searched but couldn't find one that showed it
I think you'll have to admit it's made a very nice recovery.

ALACOWMAN":jp1w6fxn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":jp1w6fxn said:
greybeard":jp1w6fxn said:

Hard to say where they are going from here, but they, like almost everyone else took a hit in last month's 'correction;.

As far as Dicks Sporting Goods, I've never been in one. I do go to Academy since it's closest sporting goods store to me over in Porter.

All major retailers are battling the Amazon Effect. Only gonna get tougher.
No doubt,, I do feel for the old mom and pop folks though...what few are left..

Me too. Not so much for the big players though. They weren't too sorry when they shut down so many mom and pops while they were growing. What goes around.

TexasBred":71r41kij said:
Craig Miller":71r41kij said:
greybeard":71r41kij said:

Yes but wouldn't you agree they had an awww crap moment. I think they are still lagging behind their competitors too.

Craig Miller":32nltib9 said:
TexasBred":32nltib9 said:
Craig Miller":32nltib9 said:
Yes but wouldn't you agree they had an awww crap moment. I think they are still lagging behind their competitors too.
True but as I said, once everybody gets over their first impulse anger everything goes right back to where it was.

Craig Miller":2frep6d3 said:
TexasBred":2frep6d3 said:
Craig Miller":2frep6d3 said:

What else was going on at that time? There's a multitude of reasons that a stock takes a dump, every good stock market watcher knows that, and I'm guessing that the Christian Right not shopping at Target isn't going to put much of a dent in their pocket. They cater to the yuppie suburbanite mom crowd, the yoga pants crowd (God bless 'em!). They were also embroiled in a decent credit card scandal at some point that put a lot of their customers financials at risk. They've had a rough 2010's.

greybeard":q5c7qzne said:
I see a 20 yr old Oregon man has filed an age discrimination lawsuit against both Dick's and Walmart when both refused to sell him a .22 Ruger rifle.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... taile.html
We can expect more of the same..perhaps even a class action lawsuit?

But it's a private business, and they have the right to refuse service to anyone, correct?

Bestoutwest":1k524ctc said:
greybeard":1k524ctc said:
I see a 20 yr old Oregon man has filed an age discrimination lawsuit against both Dick's and Walmart when both refused to sell him a .22 Ruger rifle.

But it's a private business, and they have the right to refuse service to anyone, correct?

I agree 100%!

TennesseeTuxedo":19srsviz said:
Bestoutwest":19srsviz said:
greybeard":19srsviz said:

I agree 100%!
I don't like their decision but agree that it is their right to refuse service to anyone. I also believe it is the right of a restaurant or lunch counter business to refuse service to anyone. But that was another right stripped away by the government.

Bestoutwest":15iudmom said:
greybeard":15iudmom said:

That's what everyone thought until that little bakery in Oregon...

Bestoutwest":3ut4tsm2 said:
greybeard":3ut4tsm2 said:

You can put the sign up but doesn't necessarily mean you can do it.

What makes this tricky is that it is a constitutional right, which is also protected by the 14th amendment. It will be an interesting court case that will set quite the precedence for future rulings. It would also be interesting to know more about this kid that's filed the lawsuit. In long term thinking, this is going to cost a whole lot of money no matter the court level it reaches. I have a feeling that this whole thing isn't completely his idea.

slick4591":ipojca40 said:
Bestoutwest":ipojca40 said:
greybeard":ipojca40 said:

That's what everyone thought until that little bakery in Oregon...
I'm afraid though the courts might find favor in Dick's since they are trying to "stop another mass shooter."
Unlike the evil Christian baker, florist, or butcher, they are the scum of the earth, and must be punished!!!

We have the right to buy firearms, but we do not have the right to force someone to sell us a firearm.

mwj":1wncymgh said:
We have the right to buy firearms, but we do not have the right to force someone to sell us a firearm.

True but Dicks and Walmart are selling firearms.
They choose not to sell to someone by law can legally purchase one.
That is a whole different can of worms.

mwj":2dvehekh said:
Show me in the 2nd where it sets rules of purchase.

They can't choose to discriminate against a class of people that it's legal by law to purchase. That's no different in refusing to sell someone over 60.
Now they can choose to not sell guns at all to anyone.
Has nothing to do with the 2nd it's all about the 14th.

Latest posts