Dicks sporting goods

Help Support CattleToday:

Some people will do anything for a dollar. And there's definitely not to many that are willing to fight for what's right. You have to be really dumb to think that banning a type of gun is going to fix our problems in this country.

This is a personal issue - for me. I have no fondness for assault style weapons. It does not keep me awake at night worrying about no vendors for assault style weapons. PS. We all know the devil is in the definition but we all have a vision of a "black" gun when we hear it.

Will it eliminate violence, shootings, crime - No. It is simply a matter of me not being fond of the assault style firearm.

Interesting side note. When I was living here in the 1970s. There were gun stores on every corner. Now, you have to do a Google search to find one.

I'm thinking all these companies either underestimate the number of gun owners or that they will come together enough to make a difference in the sales when they boycott

I'm done with Dicks, Academy is still holding tight using common sense. I shop Academy or Bass Pro mostly anyway.
Academy's response to Dicks:

"We serve a broad base of customers, and outdoor sports, including hunting and shooting sports, are an important tradition and recreational activity for many of our customers and their families. We are strongly committed to ensuring the legal, safe and responsible transfer of firearms. We follow all applicable regulations relating to the sale of firearms and regularly review our internal policies and processes to ensure our legal and responsible sale of firearms and encourage safe usage and ownership. As a Federal Firearms Licensee, we support the Fix NICS Bill to strengthen the background check system and require greater compliance with the law."

TennesseeTuxedo":3lz7ykrq said:
Craig Miller":3lz7ykrq said:
I'm thinking all these companies either underestimate the number of gun owners or that they will come together enough to make a difference in the sales when they boycott

Time will tell but I have a hunch they won't miss a beat.

That's what target thought when they decided to allow men in women's bathrooms. Stock price fell. You should know that trader.

Craig Miller":3mvxuqfw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3mvxuqfw said:
Craig Miller":3mvxuqfw said:

That's what target thought when they decided to allow men in women's bathrooms. Stock price fell. You should know that trader.

They have fully recovered from that blip on the radar, their bigger concern is Amazon.

TennesseeTuxedo":yir498lu said:
Craig Miller":yir498lu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":yir498lu said:

They have fully recovered from that blip on the radar, their bigger concern is Amazon.

That is true but they found out their actions do have consequences.

callmefence":2diix6yr said:
They were already in the toilet. A last ditch effort to draw in the yoga pants and tennis skirt crowd.
The Dick's Sporting Goods closest to us, about 40 minute drive into Charlottesville, Va. is closing. Gander Mountain closed a year ago. :|

Reading comments on Dick's announcement via Facebook this morning. Lots of Liberals cheering on the decision, admitting they don't shop at Dick's or even own guns. 95% of patrons said they would be shopping elsewhere from now on. Always a risky move when a business starts to mix policy with politics.

Latest posts