Diamond Ring Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

BIZIN

Reaction score
Wondering if those are all a one iron set of heifers that they sell or are they bought from customers? We bought 400 Diamond Ring Heifers in 2000 and bred them and I notice that some have 2 or 3 brands on em. Have around 100 left maybe after weeding through em over the last ten years and they are some of the best Black Baldie cows we have owned.

Not unusual for registered cattle to have more than one brand....one will be the official brand for that particular ranch...another will be the prefix for registration...another may be a letter representing the year the she was born...check them and see if they are uniform....each cow having same brand in same place.

Many of the Cattle in the Diamond Ring sale are not bred by Goggins but I bet that they are all mostly sired by Vermilion bulls,therefore all probably carry much the same genetic's. By the way I see that you mentioned they were baldies. Aren't they the greatest produceing cow's ? If you read those brands you will be able to find out exactly who did raise them and where they originated.

I love the baldies. We run around 300 of them now and breed them black Simmental, black Gelbvieh and Welsh Black. They are swath grazing in 2 feet of snow right now and look great, the straight black and red cows dont seem to winter as well as the baldies and herefords do though. We bought 1000 from Goggins in 2000, bred the best 400 for ourselves, 300 blacks we bred and sold, and fed out the other 300 in our feedlot. Shoulda bred them all and kept them now that I see what kind of cows they made.

BIZIN":35po8twy said:
Wondering if those are all a one iron set of heifers that they sell or are they bought from customers? We bought 400 Diamond Ring Heifers in 2000 and bred them and I notice that some have 2 or 3 brands on em. Have around 100 left maybe after weeding through em over the last ten years and they are some of the best Black Baldie cows we have owned.

Don't hear of very many canadians buying cattle from a man that has done his part in causing your fellow ranchers some hard times.

We actually bought em for a customer of ours, he backed out on em after they were bought so we brought them up to our place to either sell em as feeders or grass em ourselves. We were looking to expand at that time so figured we would breed em cause they were pretty good heifers. Trust me, there is absolutely no love lost between Goggins and us.