DewEze or HydraBed

Help Support CattleToday:

Just put a hydrabed on one of my trucks about a month ago. Selling points to me were the manual valve body and synchronized arms. I think the DewEze may be built a tad heavier and has better quality control but I don't like electric solenoids controlling everything. Also don't like the big spinners sticking up on the deweze. Not crazy about the Butlers or the Cannonballs, as far as I'm concerned you won't go wrong with either the Hydrabed or DewEze. And get the crossbed toolbox, I can actually see my passenger floorboard for once.

cfpinz

That is what I was thinking about the DewEze electronics. Just wondered if others thought as I did. Thanks for the reply.

The folks I know that own the deweze beds have very few electronic problems. And the wireless remote would be pretty cool if one didn't lose it. But with solenoids you lose your ability to feather the speed of the arms.

cfpinz

i have a deweze balehugger and i like it alot, it makes feeding SOOOO much easier for me. but the clips that hold the spinners in both bent and came out of mine (i might have turned too much with it :oops: ) but that was easy enough to rig. otherwise no complaints, but i just got it last october.

Beefy":abs7ishh said:
i have a deweze balehugger and i like it alot, it makes feeding SOOOO much easier for me. but the clips that hold the spinners in both bent and came out of mine (i might have turned too much with it :oops: ) but that was easy enough to rig. otherwise no complaints, but i just got it last october.

Is this a tractor mount or which model do you have?

cfpinz

Got a used truck with a hydrabed on it. Not too bad. Don't like the sudden drop when you reach a certain point with the bale. I keep waiting for the bed to come off.
Better then the homemade hand crank one the hubby built. He put hydraulics on it when I lost my grip on the handle and it blew apart one of my knuckles when it hit my hand.

cfpinz":2e2wxc7f said:
Beefy":2e2wxc7f said:

Is this a tractor mount or which model do you have?

cfpinz

yeah mine is for the back of a tractor. it used to be a real pain trying to feed amid a feeding frenzy but now i can take a bermuda roll out and roll it out in less than 5 minutes and get 75% of the cows out of my way long enough to put the peanut hay out (they all come to the peanut hay first otherwise and it takes forever).

Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up buying a used 06 Chevy Duramax with 56,000 miles and it had a HydraBed on it. Was to good a deal to pass up and is a really clean pickup. Anything I should watch for on the bed? Seems to work really slick.

I thought the Cannonball would be good because it also has a dump bed. I,ve never heard of any knocks on it.

I am also looking to by a bale bed. The question I have is on electronics. I have heard of the electronic types (Besler makes one I think) damaging the trucks electronics (alternator, for one) because of too much draw on the system. Any experts on this out there?

grubbie":1w96p4fe said:
I am also looking to by a bale bed. The question I have is on electronics. I have heard of the electronic types (Besler makes one I think) damaging the trucks electronics (alternator, for one) because of too much draw on the system. Any experts on this out there?

I have a besler bed the first one sold in Arkansas had for 13 years. I have very little trouble with it. The switches on the control do not last very long. We adapted a control off a crane on ours last winter. Four push buttons instead throw switches.

We have change the alternator to a high output. Instead of the 60a original.

We like ours because can change to a different truck only move the wire from the battery. No hydraulic lines and pump to change. This is the 3rd truck it has been on.

When hauling out of the field to stock pile you best have good batteries. Will run weak battery down.

grubbie":31roqoo0 said:

You must be talking about the ones with electric over hydraulic pumps. Get the engine driven hyd pump and you'll eliminate most of the draw (plus they are much faster). Mine has one wire that cuts on the pump clutch (like a/c compressor) and that's it. You can get electric controls but I prefer cables.

cfpinz

Just sold my deweze because of the duramax it was on. Trying to buy a hydrabed on a dodge to replace it. I hope it works as well as the deweze. I personally liked the big spinners. Seemed to work well on most all bales when my verns 3 point is kinda a pain in soft core bales I bought. The remote is awsome.

Latest posts