deterrent for cats?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to deter cats from going into building etc.. We use to have alot of cats, and they have either left or have been relocated, but the few we do have crawl in the rafter of the barn, etc.. make horrible noises, and I am at my wits end. I don't want to kill them, but they are driving me nuts! Any ideas to deter them?

Gail

Put a motion sensing light inside with a radio plugged into one socket using an adapter. The combination of the light coming on and the noise from the radio scares them off.

That or blast them with a 12 gauge in the yard.

If you don't want to shoot them, the only real solution is to cage trap them and relocate them somewhere else. Some things will work for a while, but they will start to get used to it and it will quit being effective.

I have found that a 22 bullet right between the eyes works great as a deterrent for cats. In fact after that they never come back.

GMN":1nj7844l said:
I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to deter cats from going into building etc.. We use to have alot of cats, and they have either left or have been relocated, but the few we do have crawl in the rafter of the barn, etc.. make horrible noises, and I am at my wits end. I don't want to kill them, but they are driving me nuts! Any ideas to deter them?

Gail

Spay the mama cat, neuter the tom, catch and haul the ones you don't want. At least the number can only then go down.

I was told put in all the openings some fresh orange peel, and change it regularly, as one thing cats hate is orange smell. No sure if it will work but can't hurt to give it a go.

Latest posts