Determining BCS

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
BCS3.jpg

BCS2.jpg

BCS1.jpg

Well I have to disagree! If you translate the BSC into the BCS it goes like this… Auburn is number 1. Oregon barely gets number 2, and Alabama slides into the third spot. This stuff about putting non conference teams into the top 5 without playing hardly anyone all year has got to go. There is just something about playing teams with a front line averaging 300 lbs and running a 40 under 5 flat that makes every Saturday an adventure. And after getting banged up all year teams still have to play in the big bowl games and such… well I am just saying that TCU, Boise State, and Utah need to start scheduling teams if they want to be included in the top 5 teams in the nation. It is kind of interesting that we have 3 undefeated non conference teams in the top 5…. Let the boys play someone and then come talk about how good they are, or better yet let's have a college football playoff system! There are a ton of 7 and 2 teams that would love to have a piece of Boise State!! Oh but this thread was about a body scoring.. errr great post Dun!

ddg1263":1yptbboh said:
Well I have to disagree! If you translate the BSC into the BCS it goes like this… Auburn is number 1. Oregon barely gets number 2, and Alabama slides into the third spot. This stuff about putting non conference teams into the top 5 without playing hardly anyone all year has got to go. There is just something about playing teams with a front line averaging 300 lbs and running a 40 under 5 flat that makes every Saturday an adventure. And after getting banged up all year teams still have to play in the big bowl games and such… well I am just saying that TCU, Boise State, and Utah need to start scheduling teams if they want to be included in the top 5 teams in the nation. It is kind of interesting that we have 3 undefeated non conference teams in the top 5…. Let the boys play someone and then come talk about how good they are, or better yet let's have a college football playoff system! There are a ton of 7 and 2 teams that would love to have a piece of Boise State!! Oh but this thread was about a body scoring.. errr great post Dun!
I also have to factually disagree as Oregon is in fact the new #1 in the BCS. And this was a very good post on the only BCS that makes any sense at all. :nod:

ddg1263":18hojjxf said:

It's kind of gone under the radar but three of the SEC west teams are rated in the top 10. Most of the west SEC teams are rated in the top 25, and the ones that aren't got beat by other west teams. Now that's a tough division to get out of. Let Boise State,TCU,Utah, etc. come into tiger stadium, the plains, or Birmingham and see what happens.

By the way good post Dun - I like the pictures from behind and above, I've never seen that perspective.

Very good info Dun, really helps with understanding how to determine the BCS of an animal.

Now in good nature fun, you football hijackers should join the discussion on the sports board, it's on it's 7th page, but has fizzled to basically myself and TexasBred........ And of course the Oregon Ducks...... And if it helps the SEC just ain't that good :banana: hope to get some good college ball conversation on the right thread.
:D Alan

MadRanchTX":ovfrp46u said:
Dun,
What book is that from?
From a local book put out by NRCS and the grazing counsul. Doesn;t have a publication number on it

Latest posts