Desperate times

Help Support CattleToday:

SJB":k43graq4 said:
Luca Brasi":k43graq4 said:
What's so stupid about it? Maybe he was serious, maybe he was just being a wise guy in response to how slow the line was moving, but what is the big difference between beer and weed really, other than some words that a government has written down that say one is OK, one is not?

I once worked overnights in a customer service position dealing with people with high stress situations. There was a noticeable difference between the pot smokers and the drinkers. The pot smokers were more often than not calm and easier to deal with. The drinkers, beligerent, hot headed and unreasonable.

I hope that it becomes legal nationally within my lifetime. With all of the crazy things that are now being made legal which don't benefit society in the least, pot is the least of our worries.

right on. let's also make meth, coke, heroin, lying under oath, snorting battery acid, person to person sales of firearms, and marrying a goat legal too. basically, anything anybody in california or new york city thinks is OK, should be legal in every state in the south, because those backwoods hayseeds are obviously stupid, and don't know what's good. and if they disagree, we'll call them bigots and racists and hillbillies on facebook. i mean, what if i want to do those things in California, but want to move to another state to escape what California has become? i have rights you know.

rules? we don't need no stinking rules. after all, i know a guy who uses heroin who is much calmer and easier to deal with than this other guy i know that drinks a lot. it's no big deal, we should just make everything legal. we have much bigger problems, like feeding the hungry, paying for everybodies healthcare and retirement, and how the koch brothers and george bush are ruining this country.

Sounds like you of all people could use a little weed to mellow out.

Luca Brasi":2kjtgxx4 said:
SJB":2kjtgxx4 said:
Luca Brasi":2kjtgxx4 said:
What's so stupid about it? Maybe he was serious, maybe he was just being a wise guy in response to how slow the line was moving, but what is the big difference between beer and weed really, other than some words that a government has written down that say one is OK, one is not?

I once worked overnights in a customer service position dealing with people with high stress situations. There was a noticeable difference between the pot smokers and the drinkers. The pot smokers were more often than not calm and easier to deal with. The drinkers, beligerent, hot headed and unreasonable.

I hope that it becomes legal nationally within my lifetime. With all of the crazy things that are now being made legal which don't benefit society in the least, pot is the least of our worries.

right on. let's also make meth, coke, heroin, lying under oath, snorting battery acid, person to person sales of firearms, and marrying a goat legal too. basically, anything anybody in california or new york city thinks is OK, should be legal in every state in the south, because those backwoods hayseeds are obviously stupid, and don't know what's good. and if they disagree, we'll call them bigots and racists and hillbillies on facebook. i mean, what if i want to do those things in California, but want to move to another state to escape what California has become? i have rights you know.

rules? we don't need no stinking rules. after all, i know a guy who uses heroin who is much calmer and easier to deal with than this other guy i know that drinks a lot. it's no big deal, we should just make everything legal. we have much bigger problems, like feeding the hungry, paying for everybodies healthcare and retirement, and how the koch brothers and george bush are ruining this country.

hahahahahahah

kenny thomas":1byfe3au said:
SJB":1byfe3au said:
Luca Brasi":1byfe3au said:

What has person to person sale of firearms got to do with the rest of the things you list. It is legal and I hope stays that way.

If somebody can tell you that weed and gay marriage should be legal, don't be surprised if they don't tell you other things should and shouldn't be legal.

Luca Brasi":3qt8330i said:
SJB":3qt8330i said:
Luca Brasi":3qt8330i said:

Yeah, you'll have to excuse me. I guess while I'm explaining to my 4 and 2 year old son that gay marriage is ok, I'll just go ahead and tell them to toke away. I mean, you do know that guy who smokes it and is real calm and all.

Silly me, getting upset at these trivial matters like drugs.

They passed gay marriage and legal pot on the same ballet here. I think they had to. In the bible it says that if a man lies with another man he should be stoned.

We have had legal pot for a year and a half. I haven't really noticed any thing different. Most of the pot shops have some tricky name that you have to think about to realize it is a pot shop. But there is one in Bingen which is down in the Columbia gorge by White Salmon. It is right on Highway 14. The sign out front says "Margie's Pot Shop". Those people stupid enough to smoke pot are going to do it no matter what. The only question is do they get it from some Mexican cartel, a hippie living back in the hills, or Margie. At least if they get it from Margie the state gets some tax money.

Retail pot officially became legal here on July 1, I haven't seen any shops yet in the area or announcements for any opening. There is one in Longview I drive by every once in a while, have only seen a couple of cars in their lot. Although one time wi went by dominos pizza was making a delivery to them, I thought that would have been a good picture to post. But like you Dave I haven't seen much of a change.

Do you all remember that lil girl scout that set up sales for the cookies outside of one of those weed shops?

skyhightree1":2zb35w89 said:
Do you all remember that lil girl scout that set up sales for the cookies outside of one of those weed shops?

:lol: :lol: enterprising young lady!

Alan":3qcrqppy said:
skyhightree1":3qcrqppy said:

:lol: :lol: enterprising young lady!

I bet she will be ceo of some marketing firm or on wall street :lol2:

skyhightree1":33lne027 said:
" Look man.. This has got to be the driest town ever... Can you please tell me where I can buy some weed ? "

Under cover officer. Move on to the next store. He'll hit eventually.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/l ... story.html

It's that time of year again. Time when your local market entrances are flooded with Girl Scouts selling boxes of Samoas, Tagalongs and Thin Mints. But one 13-year-old Girl Scout in San Francisco and her mother made a rather business-savvy decision to sell cookies outside of a medical marijuana dispensary. .

On Monday, Danielle Lei and her mother set up shop outside the Green Cross store with the cookies. With the store's blessing, Lei sold 117 boxes in two hours.
Holli Bert, a spokeswoman for the Green Cross, said that after just 45 minutes, Lei had to call for backup cookies to replenish her stock.

"You put it in terms that they may understand," Lei's mother, Carol, told Mashable. "I'm not condoning it, I'm not saying go out in the streets and take marijuana. It also adds a little bit of cool factor. I can be a cool parent for a little bit."

According to Kelly Parisi, chief communications officer from Girl Scouts of the USA, each region of Girl Scouts has its own guidelines.

"All the money stays in local councils, and they make all decisions on how the cookie program is run," said Parisi in a statement. "As always, our primary concern is the safety and well-being of the girls we serve. Volunteers and parents are empowered to relocate their booths if conditions change and the location is no longer suitable."

With no opposition from Lei's local Girl Scouts chapter, she and her mother plan to return to the Green Cross to sell more cookies Saturday.
[Updated at 12:03 p.m. Feb. 21: "To date, we have not attempted to list either "permitted" or "prohibited" locations and have relied on parents and volunteers to make wise decisions for their girls,"said Dana Allen, Director of Marketing and Communications of the Girls Scouts of Northern California, the region Lei belongs to. "As always, we evaluate our policies and procedures at the end of each cookie sale and will consider whether further guidelines will be beneficial regarding booth site selection."]

The Girl Scouts of Colorado issued a tweet expressing their disapproval of the situation. "If you are wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars" read the tweet.

The Green Cross, which also sells a variety of marijuana named Girl Scout Cookie, has posted numerous items on its Facebook page referencing Lei, with one comical post featuring the Dos Equis beer "most interesting man in the world."

"I don't always buy Girl Scout cookies, but when I do, I buy them from the genius outside The Green Cross pot dispensary," reads the post.

Do you think the mother-daughter duo are business-savvy or inappropriate? Let us know in the comments below.

:shock: that was brilliant! They sold a box a minute for two hours. What a target group to market..... Stoners with cash!

What is really a growth industry here is the pot farms. The counties to the north are struggling with how they will permit growers. Counties to the south are pretty conservative and not allowing any grower permits. But our liberal county commissioners decided to welcome them with open arms. As a result we have pot farms springing up allover the place. The vast majority are indoor grow operations. So other than a great big new building with a fence around it, a person would never know anything is going on.

Dave":3oxpt94r said:
What is really a growth industry here is the pot farms. The counties to the north are struggling with how they will permit growers. Counties to the south are pretty conservative and not allowing any grower permits. But our liberal county commissioners decided to welcome them with open arms. As a result we have pot farms springing up allover the place. The vast majority are indoor grow operations. So other than a great big new building with a fence around it, a person would never know anything is going on.

Follow the Dip N Grow purchases. You'll know who is propagating plants.

backhoeboogie":309ordif said:
Dave":309ordif said:

Follow the Dip N Grow purchases. You'll know who is propagating plants.

Backyard growers are not allowed under the new law. You have to be a licensed grower with a permit from the state. They held a lottery to decide who gets one of these permits. These are not small ma and pop operations. I saw a permit application for one a couple weeks ago. It had 65,000 square feet of building. That is nearly an acre and a half of building. Which adds up to a lot of pot.