Desperate for a bull

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
I culled my third bull this year yesterday. A yearling ultrablack that tested out weak. He probably didn't get a fair shake. But with the two older bulls culled in the past few months. I didn't feel he was up for the starting position. Neither did the vet.

There's dozen or so commercial trader cows in my pasture about the same Angus x brangus and Angus x beefmaster. And fifteen pure Hereford all with calves. A few or probably bred but I know a bunch ain't.

I really think I just want a terminal bull for this year. Except for the Hereford group. I would like to out a Brahma bull on them but it's not gonna be doable.
Here's what's being offered this morning. I'm thinking the f1 s and the down the page chars as well as some of the simangus might go cheap enough.
What would y'all think of the braford or char bulls on the Hereford group.

http://www.jordancattle.com/Sale-Subpag ... 26-17.html

callmefence":gfenkr5r said:
I culled my third bull this year yesterday. A yearling ultrablack that tested out weak. He probably didn't get a fair shake. But with the two older bulls culled in the past few months. I didn't feel he was up for the starting position. Neither did the vet.

There's dozen or so commercial trader cows in my pasture about the same Angus x brangus and Angus x beefmaster. And fifteen pure Hereford all with calves. A few or probably bred but I know a bunch ain't.

I really think I just want a terminal bull for this year. Except for the Hereford group. I would like to out a Brahma bull on them but it's not gonna be doable.
Here's what's being offered this morning. I'm thinking the f1 s and the down the page chars as well as some of the simangus might go cheap enough.
What would y'all think of the braford or char bulls on the Hereford group.

http://www.jordancattle.com/Sale-Subpag ... 26-17.html
. The Braford should be good for replacements..the right Charolais will work for both.term and maternal..

I'd be more worried about the bulls age than anything else. Did you cull the other bulls for fertility issues as well? You seem to be on good terms with your local vet and sale barn they might be able to hook you up with a good older bull. That way you can have time to find what you really want.

Sale barn here usually has a few bulls around for sale. Not sure what they have now. Not sure I'd want to "waste" a year with a terminal bull on those Herefords if the aren't already bred.

Fence, I have a Brahman bull you could lease for cheap. I need him out of the pasture for a few months and where I usually put him is being taken up by replacement heifers. If you're interested hollar at me

Todd Keeling is selling two Gamechanger bulls Saturday in the Oklahoma brangus sale. 18 months old I bought one from him a few months ago.

That's the one I like better out of the two was considering buying that one when I bought ours.

That's a picture of ours.

5S Cattle":13xct1ml said:
Fence, I have a Brahman bull you could lease for cheap. I need him out of the pasture for a few months and where I usually put him is being taken up by replacement heifers. If you're interested hollar at me

Well son of a @#$%
Went to the Jordan bull sale at San Saba. Waa able to get two pretty good checked out coming 2 year old bulls.
Black hided bulls that didn't look like cow's sold pretty high. I'm gonna cut the Hereford cows out this morning and move them and the Bradford bull to lometa.
BUT I tell you what if you need a place to go with that bull. I've got another bunch at lampasas. Dry cows with a few new baby calves.
I could go there with the Bradford
And use your bull. Let me know. If you just need a place to keep him I got a small 60 acre pasture a few miles down the road with good fences. Nothing in there right now. Feel free to call or come by.

Anyways here's the bulls. pasture is rough because there's a lot of cows being held in it for deer season opening. They're being fed plenty good.

I like both those bulls. Plenty of length and big ol rumps on 'em too..someone fed 'em right. Nice brockle faced brindle cow you got there too.
Didn't take 'George' long to get down to business did it?

Latest posts