Design Plus Angus Line

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":162nsf5a said:
Does anybody have any information or own any of these Bloodlines?
never heard of it. have heard of Rito Plus and New Design...

What bloodlines are you wondering about?

Rito Plus was Edwards Ranch selection for $100,000 from Wehrman's about 4 years ago. The Rock N D fad that came and went so quickly out of the 2536 cow. Flat narrow all the things you would expect from Rock n D and Precision cattle with a monsterous bw EPD of 7.5.

The bull hasn't lived up to expectations

The calves I have seen out of him were not lacking thickness at all. Granted I have not seen many. I "heard" the calves at Edwards were very good as well. I will warn you to watch the feet on the cows you breed to him. A 7.5 BW doesnt scare me on mature cows (Rito Plus is actually 6.5) but bad feet does.

Beware of calling anything a line - The bloodline fairy may get you! :D

SEC":3rs2z31f said:
What bloodlines are you wondering about?

Rito Plus was Edwards Ranch selection for $100,000 from Wehrman's about 4 years ago. The Rock N D fad that came and went so quickly out of the 2536 cow. Flat narrow all the things you would expect from Rock n D and Precision cattle with a monsterous bw EPD of 7.5.

The bull hasn't lived up to expectations

speaking of Rito Plus, i think he sold at Edwards in the $7000 - $8000 range.

Aero":2xhf9p1w said:
Crowderfarms":2xhf9p1w said:
Does anybody have any information or own any of these Bloodlines?
never heard of it. have heard of Rito Plus and New Design...
Maybe it was New Design, I heard someone talking about a Bull the other day, but did not get the whole description of it.

Aero,
He sold for $8500. The guy I talked to that went to Edwards said that he would have bought him in a minute but his back feet were starting to rock and he did not think he would hold up to natural service duties. He did say he had some calves on the ground by Rito Plus and hoped there was one sound enough to use. I took this as he really liked the rest of the phenotype except the feet and legs part. I know this is very important (probably #1) but it is correctable thru proper matings?? Right?
This guy is very strict on feet and legs so he probably just didn't want to chance it. Somebody else thought he would hold up because they spent $8500 and the semen sales have dried up for Rito Plus.

jscunn":1zlfadcf said:
semen sales have dried up for Rito Plus.
that will happen with a +6.5 BW and -3 CED.

as far as correcting legs and feet, i would say they can be corrected, but it might take more than one generation and by then, you might have lost the best parts of what you had.

Latest posts