Dental question

Help Support CattleToday:

texasmortgageman

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a tooth pulled and asked the dentist for it (it was quite large). This dentist told him "no, giving it to you is against the law".
Can this be true? Surely a 40 year old tooth is as "private property" as you can get.

I don't know about teeth but I do now that if you have surgery and have something removed they are not allowed to give it to you. If you have gall or bladder stones removed they used t o be able to give them to you but not any more so it may be the same way with teeth.

A few months ago I had two molars removed. The dentist asked if I wanted the teeth. Where is it against the law? Does not make any sense. Some religions require ALL body parts even ones removed years ago to be buried upon death. A law forbidding giving a patient his own body parts would violate many religions.

My fiance had his wisdom teeth pulled last year in Bryan, TX. We have them at home in a jar, they were surgically removed.

I think that dentist has a black market for teeth?!? :lol:

I had an enjoyable afternoon at the dentist. Prep for two crowns.

I asked him about this question and he said laws could vary from state to state, but if he pulled a tooth, he would give it to the patient if they wanted it. They could do with it as they pleased-could throw it down on the sidewalk if they wanted to. If he kept it, he had to dispose of it in a prescribed manner or be subject to a fine, etc.

I don't know if there would be different laws in different parts of Texas.

sidney411":1zy4f6vh said:
My fiance had his wisdom teeth pulled last year in Bryan, TX. We have them at home in a jar, they were surgically removed.

I think that dentist has a black market for teeth?!? :lol:

I don't think he black markets them. Probably takes them home and puts them under his pillow.

Latest posts