Delta vs Calico Steel Trailer?

Help Support CattleToday:

RBP

Reaction score
Looking at new 16'x6' Calico and Delta steel trailers. Which brand would you recommend and why?

Not very familiar with either, but assuming both are steel and same length and similar configuration. I would start with the trailer's weight to determine which is the heavier built trailer. Not that familiar with either, but my general impression is Calico is the lighter built of the two, 45/55 chance I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I live about 20 miles from the calico manufacturing, it's a smaller mom and pops company. I know alot of people around here that have them,never heard anything bad.

Never heard of Calico. Deltas look really nice but never used one. Not sure if you have a Gooseneck dealer close by but that's what I'd buy. For some reason cattle traler mfgs have started using spring loade latches and truck trailer or conex style latches on escape gates. Gooseneck still uses simple pins that are easy to use in a hurry or with gloves on.

Not very familiar with either, but assuming both are steel and same length and similar configuration. I would start with the trailer's weight to determine which is the heavier built trailer. Not that familiar with either, but my general impression is Calico is the lighter built of the two, 45/55 chance I'm wrong.
I've had a Calico, they pull great but are designed to be low cost so the paint and paint prep are not really that good

I live about 20 miles from the calico manufacturing, it's a smaller mom and pops company. I know alot of people around here that have them,never heard anything bad.
Wrangler and chaparral trailers also used to be manufactured in the same little town as Calico, not sure if those 2 are even still in business.