dehorn

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oregonian":do0jum1w said:
what a dingdong I am! I thought conception meant after birth opps! Duh! HUGE mistakes! BTW, I do buy the regular ol' beef at the 'market but I wouldn't touch anything with an Angus brand on it. I noticed the buyers of Angus beef were overweight or near obese to obese....... What does THAT tell you? I am NOT a Vegan! I LOVE meat! I eat some sort of meat at least once a day.
Oh this is to la4angus: There is not enough trees in this part of Oregon for me to fall out of LOL! Mostly sagebrushes with a lot of skinny sorry lookin' Angus trying to survive out there. The Angus needs a lesson from the wild horse herds around here. Oh well, just keep breeding for black and forget all else such as feed conversion, genetics, disposition, etc. Who cares? As long they are black, they get the $$$. The other stuff is not important right?
The other stuff is most important. The ANGUS have it. That is why they are so popular; with the cow calf man, the backgrounder, the feeder, the
packer, the retailer and the housewife and family.

Enough bickering, boys. Besides, the question was asked in fairness and deserves a considered, rational answer.

You should never dehorn until you're old enough to use horn scoops safely. Those things are razor sharp!

There.

First, I can't stand tree huggers, west coast hippies. I am a bit concern about people's health, whats wrong with that? Don't need a feminine side to be concern for people's health.....most doctors are men.
Secondly, years ago Angus were bred with controls.. Nowadays, they breed them for their color black! If the ranchers here pay a bit more attention to their CATTLE, they would not be nutty, scrawny mongrels. Wish they pay less attention to politics and look more often out their window! Thats all I got to say. This thread ends HERE!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oregonian":2yikkayx said:
First, I can't stand tree huggers, west coast hippies, organic nuts, etc. I am a bit concern about people's health, whats wrong with that? Don't need a feminine side to be concern for people's health.....most doctors are men.
Secondly, years ago Angus were bred with controls.. Nowadays, they breed them for their color black! If the ranchers here pay a bit more attention to their CATTLE, they would not be nutty, scrawny mongrels. Wish they pay less attention to politics and look more often out their window! Thats all I got to say. This thread ends HERE!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't bet on it. You done mouthed off to OO I mean typed off to much
with your head not working.

la4angus":3fyspdcm said:
Oregonian":3fyspdcm said:
First, I can't stand tree huggers, west coast hippies. I am a bit concern about people's health, whats wrong with that? Don't need a feminine side to be concern for people's health.....most doctors are men.

Don't bet on it. You done mouthed off to OO I mean typed off to much
with your head not working.
Why do you call your cattle little scrawny mongrels.. You should pay attention to your advice and breed her to an ANGUS bull. Then you could have a better improved calf, with some meat on its bones.

Good by mr oregonian

First let's agree Oregonian is a little anti- angus. Second you other Loud Mouth insult pitching, son of city slickers are just as wrong.......There is nothing wrong with questioning the Normal....As for myself I fit many of the above insults ... I like health beef, I like personal , and open minded thoughts...I am a bit of a tree hugger, we as human beings have about Raped this world to death..and it is time for use to take responibility for our actions....If you Cow pokes do not like what Oregonian has to say, do not start insulting everyone else. I think Dun is mature,I think Black Power is a real cow person, sometime's others on this board I think are not so.ALF.....................

I don't recall anyone ever bringing up the term "tree hugger" except Oregonian. Noone is disagreeing with anything other than the bad mouthing of the Angus breed. Oregonian is entitled to that opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs. The name calling is just something people do when they become angered. You are doing plenty of that too. To finalize this, Blackpower is the biggest "insult pitcher" on this board, and I'd bet Mr. Dun doesn't appreciate Angus bashing either. So which category does that leave for you?

You guys, this is pathetic. the topic was dehorning. i bet even ellie mae thinks yall should grow up.

Oregonian":37ekwhcw said:
what a dingdong I am! I thought conception meant after birth opps! Duh! HUGE mistakes! BTW, I do buy the regular ol' beef at the 'market but I wouldn't touch anything with an Angus brand on it. I noticed the buyers of Angus beef were overweight or near obese to obese....... What does THAT tell you? I am NOT a Vegan! I LOVE meat! I eat some sort of meat at least once a day.
Oh this is to la4angus: There is not enough trees in this part of Oregon for me to fall out of LOL! Mostly sagebrushes with a lot of skinny sorry lookin' Angus trying to survive out there. The Angus needs a lesson from the wild horse herds around here. Oh well, just keep breeding for black and forget all else such as feed conversion, genetics, disposition, etc. Who cares? As long they are black, they get the $$$. The other stuff is not important right?
OH as for dehorning method, I have tried the banding methods and they work great. For me anways.

Oregonian
I wonder if you are loosing it, You can't get into your head that ANGUS are superior to your skinny cattle. I have never seen any one person so jealous of a breed of cattle; but now you are Repeating yourself.
Oh well. ---- happens.

La4angus,
I noticed you like to keep beating on the same dead horse...why are you rambling on? When I said the thread ends here it means The conversation has died... quit beating on the same horse!

Oregonian":h496pj63 said:
La4angus,
I noticed you like to keep beating on the same dead horse...why are you rambling on? When I said the thread ends here it means The conversation has died... quit beating on the same horse!

DO NOT REPLY THEN!!

I'm going to lock this topic. I think it's drifted way off base. If anyone has a question about dehorning, feel free to start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.