Degloved Scrotum 2-3 month old calf

Help Support CattleToday:

gusea305

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am brand new here, and was prompted to join because of a problem I have not dealt with before.

I have banded all my bulls, some grown some within a few days of birth and never had a problem until now. Somehow my calf slipped his nut up through the band and it didn't heal right. It appears that as the scrotum fell off the nuts stayed and are now appear to be degloved with the skin healing around the top of them while they are descended.

I have looked through the threads and can not find anything dealing with this.

We are a long way from a vet and I can't get him to one until Monday. It is now Saturday evening. Any good help would be appreciated.

Allen

just cutem off if the skin from the sac is gone its over..just trim em..not diff than when that sac turns to leather and hangs there

Cut and slowly pull until the cords snaps to get as much of the cord out to help prevent a pathway to infection
then spray with an antibacterial. IF I feared it may be slow to heal, I'd also give him a shot of a long lasting antibiotic
before releasing him.

Calf is ok. He bled a little but we applied pressure and blue coted the heck out of the wound. It stopped bleeding and he is running around with the rest of the herd in a small pasture with our working equipment so we can catch him up when needed. We will keep an eye on him and hope for the best. The wound didn't look nearly as bad as I thought. Thank you all for your advice. It really helped and gave me the confidence to do the job. Wow that was a bit stressful. I am really learning about anatomy and how to fix my screw-ups this year.

Allen

Latest posts