Define good neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

To me, a good neighbor is someone who takes care of their property and keeps it in good condition. A good neighbor is also someone you trust to look out for your house while you are out of town and comfortable with giving them a spare key. It is also someone that brings over extra garden veggies or freshly baked cookies as a gift.

a good neighbor is 1 that will help you if you need help.an not gripe an moan if your cows get over on him.an then when his cows gets over on you its i cant catch my cows without horses.but honestly our neighbors know that we wont ask for help.

someone that takes care of their property and helps you when you need and you return the favor. You trust them to take care of your property and you lend them tools and they bring them back.

Same as what LRWright said but also one that will help you out when you need it and you help him out wen he needs help and neither one of you knows who has helped more. Just help each other if you can when you can and knowing that he will help you if he can as well.

One that will help maintain their fenceline with you, and tries his/her best to keep their own livestock/ dogs/ horses on their own place, but if they do get out, will help corral them in a timely manner, and of course expects the same from you.

We don't "socialize" with any of our neighbors.. most of which are over a mile away. Some times just waving when you pass on the road is enough!

Well I think this would be a pretty good example!

My partner who I run cows with had a pretty bad couple days this weekend. First I blew out a tire on the rake, then halfway through the last 40 acres of hay the swather imploded, and is out of comission for weeks pending parts. Then at 8 am this morning his 82 yr old mother died unexpectedly.

He came home from town after making the funeral arrangements to find the neighbor, who I know had hay of her own left to cut, was just finishing his field for him, in the dark.

When he offered to pay her she just told him that's what neighbors and friends are for, and drove off. :clap: :tiphat: