Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":2b8rnu4q said:
I got my sale book this week. Deer Valley is having their sale March 25th. I went a couple of years ago and it was a first class sale.

Anybody from CT planning to attend?

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/d ... 032517api/

TennesseeTuxedo, SS is sponsoring so I'm planning on going to the sale now. I'm leaving Friday to look the cattle over and then eating supper at the Deer Valley Farm. Will I see you there?

I'm a little surprised that more folks from CT aren't going to be at the sale. Anybody with a little luck and money can do what Deer Valley has accomplished. This is the part of the operation that really has my interest, if they can do it anyone can.
I know a guy form Georgia that bought semen interest on Deer Valley All In, and he did extremely well last year.

True Grit Farms":3espono3 said:
I'm a little surprised that more folks from CT aren't going to be at the sale. Anybody with a little luck and money can do what Deer Valley has accomplished. This is the part of the operation that really has my interest, if they can do it anyone can.
I know a guy form Georgia that bought semen interest on Deer Valley All In, and he did extremely well last year.

All it takes is a lot of money, know how, and hard work.

I'm short on all three.

My plans are to watch on live auction. Interested in seeing how this sale goes and where prices are headed.

TennesseeTuxedo":3sgc3wf8 said:
True Grit Farms":3sgc3wf8 said:

All it takes is a lot of money, know how, and hard work.

I'm short on all three.
haha, i heard that

True Grit,
I used alittle Deer Valley All In this winter, tell me what you think of the ALL IN progeny you see, and if you see something better. Thanks and have fun.

89 bulls sold for $567,900 with a one third interest in lot 1 selling for 57,000.

Lot 74, a Traction son brought $13,000.

I saw some great bulls, ate a nice lunch and got to visit with True Grit.

A good time was has by all.

TG,

The numbers work for me. Traction's milk EPD gives even me pause however. If I had a cow worthy of flushing, I dont, I would worry as much or more about the phenotype as well as numbers. Based on what I have seen in the few traction progeny I have seen, they are plenty deep enough especially in the flank, thick enough, but maybe shorter in frame and body length. I would not use him in the cow was shorter than ideal for you or too short bodied.

Latest posts