Deer stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, and it really pisses you off. I caught 2 guy's with my stand and tree ladders in their truck. Besides them being thieves they were liars also. Your expecting a great morning in the woods and then it all goes to heck.

To find something like this that early in the morning is just wrong.

No but I've taken a few off my land that shouldn't have been there. One fool built a tree house in a tree in a field. With the help of an excavator I move it and the tree and dumped it all on the property they were supposed to be hunting on.

Commercialfarmer":395ze49u said:
You ever went to climb in one and it not be there? :mad:

You are not alone.
One morning ole Rube and I were squirrel hunting up the creek walked by my stand.
On the way back it was gone they stole the thing with me up the creek hunting.
Now I have a case of the red ass and thankful as well I didn't walk up on the crackheads.
That could have got nasty quick. As I said I have the red ass so I install a new ladder stand with case harden log chain and a lock from heII.
Go up the creek about a week later squirrel hunting the stand is gone along with the game camera they found.
That is the reason i went to spypoint camera's GW and I caught him.

Caustic Burno":1b1r0dm4 said:
Commercialfarmer":1b1r0dm4 said:

You are not alone.
One morning ole Rube and I were squirrel hunting up the creek walked by my stand.
Now I have a case of the red ass and thankful as well I didn't walk up on the crackheads.
That could have got nasty quick. As I said I have the red ass so I install a new ladder stand with case harden log chain and a lock from heII.
Go up the creek about a week later squirrel hunting the stand is gone along with the game camera they found.
After catching him what were you able to get done?

denvermartinfarms":312ufn7z said:
Caustic Burno":312ufn7z said:
Commercialfarmer":312ufn7z said:

You are not alone.
After catching him what were you able to get done?

I didn't have to do anything as he was a convicted felon had a pic with him toting a gun.
The Sheriff's office and GW raided his place and he went away.

highgrit":2w3byicn said:
Yes, and it really be nice you off. I caught 2 guy's with my stand and tree ladders in their truck. Besides them being thieves they were liars also. Your expecting a great morning in the woods and then it all goes to heck.

That would be worse to catch them red handed and listen to them try to deny it.

Yes it didn't do my attitude much good. I wish I would have at least been able to match tire tracks and seen where they came from, but it had been awhile and rained since I had been there last.

Jogeephus":2w3byicn said:
To find something like this that early in the morning is just wrong.

No but I've taken a few off my land that shouldn't have been there. One fool built a tree house in a tree in a field. With the help of an excavator I move it and the tree and dumped it all on the property they were supposed to be hunting on.

:lol: That had to provide a little satisfaction. A guy I knew that has passed on, was horse back and caught a guy trying to run from him. He ropped the old boy and took his and his buddy's guns. Told them that if they wanted them back, they could report to the sheriffs office. I guess the tresspassing and hunting without permission fines were more concerning than getting the guns back.

CB,

That was a good call on the cameras, I'm going to get some when they go on sale after season. They helped nab a guy here that broke into an old house and burried a dozer in a creek bottom. When he is in the pen, the number of cattle thefts plummets, but I'm sure it is just coincidence. While out on bale pending trial on the house, and equipment, he stole a pickup. Good thing they keep letting him out. :bang:

Commercialfarmer":18famno6 said:

That really sucks bad.... I thought someone stole mine one time and I was furious and by the time the sun came up I realized I followed the wrong path and walked over and got in my stand. :oops:

I've found deer stands on my place that aren't supposed to be there, I try to sit in them during bow season and wait for the owner of the stand to get there. Few words exchange, then he gets them off my place. If I see the same stand again on my land I blast the seat with a 12 ga from underneath with 00 buckshot. You ever sit in a stand that's been shot from under the seat, you won't be back again.

skyhightree1":3w3j5wmo said:
Commercialfarmer":3w3j5wmo said:

That really sucks bad.... I thought someone stole mine one time and I was furious and by the time the sun came up I realized I followed the wrong path and walked over and got in my stand. :oops:
Some engine you are Tonto. :lol:

jedstivers":3sn4ub8p said:
skyhightree1":3sn4ub8p said:
Commercialfarmer":3sn4ub8p said:

Some engine you are Tonto. :lol:

:lol2:

Latest posts