deer season

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus

Reaction score
DEER SEASON HAS BEGUN.

I GOT MY FIRST ONE THIS MORNING.....or more correctly he got me.....

small buck...made the mistake of running out in front of the van as I was coming down 54 near Patrick Henry High School.

I had that sick feeling wondering if it was going to cost thousands like it did last time when one hit my Ranger.

I am here to tell you that an E250 is a lot better built than a Ranger.....by flashlight I have two little dings and some paint scuffing.....not even sure it needs repair.

Deer unfortunately had severe trauma and loss of life. He hit the van dead center front and we knocked it about 30 or 40 yards down the road into the ditch on the other side.

called 911 and got an incident report number just in case.

Wife wacked deer with the right front corner of her car last spring. 5k damage to the car and the deer ran off.

had to go to work and did not have time ro resources to devote to it.....
just thankful that the damage to the van was light....
Deputy Sherrif looked at it and had it not been for some deer poop would not have believed I hit a deer. I took him over and showed him the deer.

talking to insurance agents and adjusters all morning.

I've got a friend in the Body shop biz. I swear he puts corn on the yellow line of the highway every year.

pdfangus":35eg6u0f said:
DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER WHEN THEY START CHASING EM WITH HOUNDS EITHER......MID NOVEMEBER HERE.

LOL I must admit I am guilty of that .. I have 23 hounds ready to roll in a few weeks lol Drive Slow.. :mrgreen:

Most of the time they aren't fit to eat when hit by a car . Glad your damage wasn't expensive .

Latest posts