Deer season

Help Support CattleToday:

oscar p":1b3owkhb said:
Alabama bow season opens tomorrow.

Been open here since the first, the does look like a gut with shyt slung out of it.
Went for the first time last week very few fawns survived and the does look bad. I let two does walk thursday.
On the Game camera I have around 15 bucks and 4 does with a couple of fawn's coming into the food plot.

Acorns have started falling around here. Deer have quit coming to the feeders. Maybe they'll put some weight on.Went squirrel hunting this morning. Got 3 fox squirrels. One big ol' boar that will have to be pressure cooked before you can eat it. Shoudl work well with some dumplings.

TexasBred":pagd8tyn said:
Acorns have started falling around here. Deer have quit coming to the feeders. Maybe they'll put some weight on.Went squirrel hunting this morning. Got 3 fox squirrels. One big ol' boar that will have to be pressure cooked before you can eat it. Shoudl work well with some dumplings.

I have a rack for one man skining sure makes it easier for one man.

I've got a rack also .. its been so long since I shot one I don't know where it is ... I have a black fox squirrel in my pecan trees ..

Went this morning in my bottom and had seven feed around me for an hour. Six were doe's and yearling's could have put an arrow through anyone of the six. Big nasty horn spike never could get a clear shot on him. Seemed like everytime a doe or a limb was in the way. If I don't get him in bow season, I will bust him with a load of No 1 Buckshot. There is quite a few acron's in the wye where the two creeks meet he will be back. Dang sure don't have to worry about the acorn crop souring.

MN bow season has been open for awhile, although I haven't seen many hunters this year. Rifle opens in a couple of weeks and that's when all the weekend warriers show up with their four wheelers and noise.

Bow season opened here Sept. 10, muzzle loader last Saturday, and any kind of gun this Saturday. Limit is 12. I hope everybody kills the limit.

I got a decent 8 point (for this area) last Saturday. 23 yard shot.....no blood trailing needed.......I am once again reminded why I shoot Muzzy broadheads. I got full penetration through BOTH front shoulder breaking both of them and dropping him in his tracks. The arrow exited about 4" out the off-side shoulder with all 4 blades intact. I am going back this weekend.....there is a certain long noser doe out there that keeps picking me out no matter that I am 20ft up in a stand with good cover. Smart old girl. I have a feeling she is going to blow it for me during the rut when a big buck happens to be near. She is alone and dry so I think she has passed her birthing years so I may take her out BEFORE she messes up my opportunity at a big un'.

Rifle season openned here last Saturday. I took a nice nature hike. I saw lots of elk and no deer. Watch come elk season I will see bucks and no legal bulls. But it was a nice day for a hike and I didn't see any other hunters so it was a good day in the woods.

I sat in a tree stand all morning and saw three squirrels, had to call calf rope after about 3 hours skeeter's working my bald head over. Some things should be off limit's.

Get a thermocell Caustic. No smell to em so it doesn't bother the deer and they work great. Only thing that works while we gator hunt

I sat in my stand about for 15 minutes at daylight. It was freezing. Saw one deer dart across 180 yds away. Went back to the house.

ga.prime":2wq0uica said:
I sat in my stand about for 15 minutes at daylight. It was freezing. Saw one deer dart across 180 yds away. Went back to the house.

Smart man, I am getting where I have a 40 degree rule, If it is under 40 it is to cold to hunt.
Last year I don't know what possessed me to go at 22 during muzzleloading season. I was in the stand about an hour when I came down there was 8 in the food plot. I decided it was to cold to skin a deer plus I would have had to turn on all the water at the barn then drain everything down again.

CB, I agree with you regarding skeeters. They have been eating me alive every time out. When I was at full draw on that buck waiting for him to clear a tree, three skeeters lit on the right side of my eye. They were drilling for all they were worth and I couldn't do a thing about it. I had to let them drill. My eye swelled up pretty good for a bit. We finally got a light frost last night. I hope it killed a few off.

Went and bought me a thermocell. Now if one turn's it off, after this rain I am heading to the house.
As bad as the devils were in this drought I am about half scared to hit the bottom with a puddle of water in those sloughs.

Decided not to go this evening will try it in the morning. It got up to 85 this afternoon that is just to hot to cover up to keep skeeter's away. Low in the morning is 60 at least a long sleeve shirt isn't uncomfortable.

Latest posts