Deer season

Help Support CattleToday:

The bucks are chasing the does here. They seemed to start the first of last week. But season closed last Tuesday.....

They are breeding here to. I watched a basket buck breed a doe Sunday afternoon and ended up seeing two bucks and ten doe but nothing worth shooting. Before long I'll start thinning doe. Might start sooner than later because I don't have much patience and I need to thin the doe population down a lot.

Deer season was good to me this year...

Public land, on our own, diy. 3-1/2 miles from the pickup!

Great buck there Pinz. DIY makes it that much sweeter. Looks like you picked a beautiful spot to hunt. back in time to chase them at home too!

callmefence":1on8uvwq said:
Caught this pic outta my son's kitchen window yesterday evening. Hes heading to the oat field between the House's. It's filling up to about twenty does every evening.

Critters with fur around here just aren't comfortable enough to get that close to my kitchen window.

nice buck Fence I like that spread he got, wonder how old he was?

I haven't had time to bow hunt this fall, but a good friend of mine has been taking his 10 yr old daughter out on my place and he sent me this picture which was the highlight of her hunting experience so far. Just a little butt sniffing.

Talked to the youngest son last night. He said the oldest boy shot a 5X5 bull on Sunday. I haven't seen pictures of talked to him yet but he is still up in the hills and won't be out for a day or two.

ohiosteve":3arpegsc said:
I haven't had time to bow hunt this fall, but a good friend of mine has been taking his 10 yr old daughter out on my place and he sent me this picture which was the highlight of her hunting experience so far. Just a little butt sniffing.

Lol! That's hilarious! I've not seen that before , but I've had them follow me to my tree, stand under it and stare at me. That's frustrating.

Latest posts