deer i killed in Illinois

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
a 12 point I killed in illinois during there 3 day shotgun hunt

photo1.jpg

Im going to go out on a limb and say that the deer you took was taken in central to west central Illinois. Either Pike, Schuyler, Brown, JoDavies etc.. Bucks from this area normally have longer G3 tines than G2's. Bucks in east / northeast Illinois seem to have the G2 being the longest tine. I have killed dozens of Illinois bucks and have saw perhaps thousands and most have followed this pattern. Probably a genetic thing. That is a very nice buck. I am guessing he dressed out at about 230 lbs and prolly went 300 on the hoof. He is one to be proud of.

Did you shoot it with a slug or buckshot? I would of been so nervous if i saw one that big walk out!

Beef08":1sreoim1 said:
Did you shoot it with a slug or buckshot? I would of been so nervous if i saw one that big walk out!

Better be a slug or blackpowder rifle in the Il. gun season!

That's one heckofa buck. Keep us posted on what he scores. Looks to me like he should be over 170 for sure.

Great job. Did you shoot him out of a tree stand?

Looks like Boone & Crocket material to me! Nice shooting - would like to hear how you got him.

Looks like it's been Photo Shopped or something....deer aint' that big...PLB is just a little guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":bgnxur76 said:
Looks like it's been Photo Shopped or something....deer aint' that big...PLB is just a little guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YUP! The size of the deers head itself compared to the antlers. :lol: :lol:
I know I've seen the rack before. Maybe will check it out, when I got time.
Not a good photo shop. Kinda funny.

Latest posts