Deer and hog from Uruguay

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just sharing a couple of pictures from my last two hunts. Not much cattle activity right now as we are in summer so you will have to wait for cattle pictures :cboy:

The summer is hot down here so we wait the worst hours in the shadow of the river bush.

Ariogrande.jpg

We choose a small sandy beach for camping and eating good uruguayan meat :D

Aplayasola.jpg

Acomiendo.jpg

Aasadoycerve.jpg

Afogon.jpg

Trees suffering axis antlers

Apeladera2.jpg

Pig

pa2.jpg

pa.jpg

Deer

axis.jpg

L

And I thought it was the baby who's keeping you from posting ;-) :lol2:

Great pics, except for the laptop it looked like that could have been a South African braai. Who needs more than an open fire, meat, beer and bread?

Hi gentlemen !!

Knersie, hahaha, indeed the new baby has taken me out of the bush for a while but now I am making some sort of come back !! :lol:
How is everything there ? any rains ? Thanks God here we have had some rains during the last two days, the drought has been terrible :frowns:

Dun, I think that day was something around 37°C , Anything between 35 and 40 is HOT here !!

Brandon, yes indeed we have some good fishing here, in that river you have tarariras and small dorados, both of them take flies and lures violently !! A good tararira weights around 5 kilos and 6/7 kilos is not strange neither, my record is 8 kg (aprox. 16 lbs)

This is a tararira taken by a friend of mine from Texas

jimtararira.jpg

L

Angus Cowman, thanks !!
Everything ok down here. The conclusion is that two childs means a LOT of work :D , is not just the double of one, it's much more !!!
The days that one can sleep anytime or do whatever one wants are gone for ever, but you know what ? I discovered what a wonderful (and difficult) thing is to bring up a family, you just leave your things at a side and you live for them !! Not an easy task but when any of my boys smile at me I forget how much tired I am :heart:

L

Teeth ?? the bloody thing has scisors in his mouth :lol:

You need to use some wire to avoid cutting. They attack top water and mid water lures. When you fish for them in crystal clear waters is more like hunting than fishing, you walk along the shore with good polarized eyeglasses and you throw the fly infront them, very sportive and tasty fish.

L

Latest posts