deep voice?

Help Support CattleToday:

Different voice box structure? Or maybe the trumpet ears act like a megaphone and just deepen the sound

dun

One time a friend and i was standing in the barn and one of mine bawled right next too us scared the he!! out of him i swear at times they sound like lions growling ;-)

If our herd is any indication, the higher the percentage Brahman the deeper the voice and the less frequent they use it. Our brahman cross heifers generally give a loud rattling "croak" on the few occasions they feel inclined. One heifer is going on two years and I've never heard her vocalize. I have only heard the Brahman sire to these heifers vocalize one time when he was tending a cow one night. I got a flashlight to see what the noise was because it sounded like he was trying to cough up a thorn or some obstruction. Maybe Bullady or Ruby can add their 2 cents.

milesvb":acfv3oja said:
I have only heard the Brahman sire to these heifers vocalize one time when he was tending a cow one night. I got a flashlight to see what the noise was because it sounded like he was trying to cough up a thorn or some obstruction.

I think it was some other obstruction :lol:

the dinosaur noises in jurassic park were made using brahmanx cattle vocalizations (and other noises). if you listen you can hear it. theres your useless trivia for the day, beefy

A couple of years ago we were siting at the salebarn when we heard a deep sound similar to that which a tending bull makes, but the type that a bellering calf makes. I perked up, my wife told me I couldn;t have them. A few inutes later 2 tiny little grey brahman calves were brought into the ring. One of those days I wished I had left her at home instead of taking out for a day on the town
dun

dun":2g2qm61r said:
I perked up, my wife told me I couldn;t have them. A few inutes later 2 tiny little grey brahman calves were brought into the ring. One of those days I wished I had left her at home instead of taking out for a day on the town
dun

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

they do have a deeper bellow, but mine are noisy. The two brangus bulls bellow quite often when called up, seems like they take 4-5 steps and holler. I have a brahma crossed bottle calf and when I call her up and she knows her name is Rudy she'll bawl several times.

About a month ago, was loading hay after dark from a barn where my cows are kept..... the one brangus bull was bawling and that wasn't like him to continually keep it up and when I got to checking he was upset because the limo bull in the pasture next to mine had come over the fence and stole his cow.

i have an old as dirt brangus cow, ive posted about before. remember the elderly one that got stuck in the pond? my favorite old cow--she may be an f1 for all i know, but anyway, she had a calf that pulled her way down so i thought it would be a great idea to get her up and supplement with feed out of a sack (i know i know!!) this winter. well, she expects it every night now. and she will moo and moo and moo and moo and moo and moo until i bring her something to eat now. she sounds about as pretty as a foghorn. ive got her out on the wheat and rye now and she stills expects feed.. :roll: :help:

Brahmans and Brahman influenced cattle have a low gutteral, grunt as compared to a regular bawl as in most other breeds. I don't know exactly what this is attributed to but is a characteristic of those breeds.

Latest posts