Deep Fried Southern Catfish

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":397z4rsd said:
I used to catch whale sharks with my fly rod and a creel like jig I tied when I got bored. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_shark

Next time you are in Atlanta, you can see Alice and Trixie in the Georgia Aquarium.

Whale sharks in captivity

Two whale sharks are featured as the main attraction of Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan and as of 2005, three whale sharks are being studied in captivity at the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium in Japan. One is kept and on display in the Taiwan, Kenting National Museum of Biology and Aquarium. Four whale sharks, two males, Taroko, and Yushan,[17] and two females, Alice and Trixie, are held in the Georgia Aquarium, in Atlanta. Two male whale sharks, Ralph and Norton, died in captivity at the Georgia Aquarium on January 11, 2007 and June 13, 2007 respectively.[18] The two males were added on June 3, 2006 in hopes that reproduction in whale sharks could be studied in captivity. All six whale sharks were imported from Taiwan, where whale sharks are dubbed tofu sharks because of the taste and texture of the flesh. One whale shark is held in captivity in the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai. As of October 2008, there is growing pressure to release the animal back to its natural environment.[19]

diver's on the tennessee river have seen catfish laying around the dams big enough too swallow a man....one man said they looked like a herd of cattle laying around

The biggest I have seen on this part of the Brazos River is 85 pounds. Over in East Texas on Toledo Bend and Caddo Lake I have seen catfish much larger.

Latest posts