Deck blocks

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I've never used them. I need to make a ramp for somebody to get in their house. I want something fast. If I set them on the ground, they will just settle and heave correct?

Some people here use them under porches and decks. I don't use them either. Most put them right on the ground...some put a gravel pad or lay a square paving stone base under them. My sister has them under her big front porch and it's been fine for about 10 years.
I guess you mean frost heave?
No experience with that.

deck_foundation_code_3815_580_270.jpg

greybeard":3kowkgk3 said:
Some people here use them under porches and decks. I don't use them either. Most put them right on the ground...some put a gravel pad or lay a square paving stone base under them. My sister has them under her big front porch and it's been fine for about 10 years.
I guess you mean frost heave?
No experience with that.

deck_foundation_code_3815_580_270.jpg

Good to know some have been in use that long. I think I'll give them a try.

I have some under a handicap ramp I built for my Mother about 12 years ago and they are still in place and supporting the ramp/porch just fine. I used the concrete pad method pictured by Greybeard above.

I sat a paver on the ground, and a deck block on top of that. Less than ideal, but I didn't even have time for concrete to cure. No doubt it will settle, and may settle to the point of causing issues, but it's in place.

Latest posts