December to Remember Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
I went Saturday to watch Pleasant Hill Farms December to Remember sale to see how the seed stock cattle were selling. High selling lot went for $11,000 cheapest lot went $2,250. After watching a few of those Black Angus cows come through the arena I remember very clearly why we quit breeding Angus. Several of them can be wild mean kicking freaks. I'm adding some Angus back for SimAngus customers but I'm gonna keep that Angus at a low percentage. Overall had a great time at the sale and they did a well job hosting it. Just wish we had a bit more acres fenced where we could add to the herd. But we're settling right now in just improving our quality.

Now TT, I don't think I've mentioned anywhere that all the other breeds were nice sweet swell cattle. I can't think of a breed I haven't seen that didn't have some mean spooky nuts in it including the Black Simmental I raise. Just that in my opinion the Black Angus have many, many more. Now the Black Angus is a larger breed and maybe the nuts just get noticed more because of the higher volume out there.

FlyingLSimmentals":yt00c30e said:
Now TT, I don't think I've mentioned anywhere that all the other breeds were nice sweet swell cattle. I can't think of a breed I haven't seen that didn't have some mean spooky nuts in it including the Black Simmental I raise. Just that in my opinion the Black Angus have many, many more. Now the Black Angus is a larger breed and maybe the nuts just get noticed more because of the higher volume out there.

We have some high headed gals among our Angus herd and a couple of our Hereford get nutty over the chute as well. I expect all breeds have a few.

I've even had a brown Swiss cow that I keep around as a nurse cow lower her head and take a few steps at me. With her a boot to the face had her all lovey-dovey again, though.

FlyingLSimmentals":3axzop5o said:
I went Saturday to watch Pleasant Hill Farms December to Remember sale to see how the seed stock cattle were selling. High selling lot went for $11,000 cheapest lot went $2,250. After watching a few of those Black Angus cows come through the arena I remember very clearly why we quit breeding Angus. Several of them can be wild mean kicking freaks. I'm adding some Angus back for SimAngus customers but I'm gonna keep that Angus at a low percentage. Overall had a great time at the sale and they did a well job hosting it. Just wish we had a bit more acres fenced where we could add to the herd. But we're settling right now in just improving our quality.
Did you pay attention to what lot 1 and 4 brought?
What lot went for $2250?

tom, lot 1 was the high seller at $11000, a really big nice female. Lot 4, 1/2 interest sold for $5000. Lot 80 was the last one to sell and brought the $2250.