Debter Hereford Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Auburn_Ag

Reaction score
Will anyone be attending this sale??? If so I will see you there. I will try to give a report come Monday.

Well you are right but, last year people came from and bought bulls to take back to TX,KS, FL,LA ,NY,and MO just to name a few. If you want a good bull, I still think it would be worth the drive.

Do they have a sale catalog online?
Seen an an for the sale is the only reason I knew about it. Is their cattle usually pretty nice?

tom4018":1499t1zo said:
Do they have a sale catalog online?
Seen an an for the sale is the only reason I knew about it. Is their cattle usually pretty nice?

No they do not have a catalog online. I wish they did. Yes, their cattle are what I call hard. When you turn the bulls out, they do not sink like a rock. They are fed grass and small amouts of soybean hulls. To quote someone from last years sales. If people from TX come to buy bulls you must be doing something right!

AA, f you go to the sale I would be curious how the prices run on some of the angus lots. Would you mind maybe to write the prices down on a few lots?
thanks

tom4018":1fifcgyb said:
AA, f you go to the sale I would be curious how the prices run on some of the angus lots. Would you mind maybe to write the prices down on a few lots?
thanks

Tom
Didn't get to write anything down this year because I worked in the back, But I can tell you the Angus bulls avg. $2,250. These were some of the best bull Mr. Fleming has ever sold. These bull were biger, longer and had a lot of depth of rib on them.

The Hereford bulls avg. $3,450
F-1 Tigers strips $1,625
They had baldies and some red angus heifers bread to a hereford, but I did not get a avg. on them.

Everything seemed to be off a good bit this year and with good reason.

IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD FIND OUT WHAT THOSE BALDIES BROUGHT. REALLY WANTED TO MAKE THE SALE BUT I GOT TIED UP AT WORK? JUST WANDERING?

DAWGONECATTLEMAN":1xf7im5h said:
IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD FIND OUT WHAT THOSE BALDIES BROUGHT. REALLY WANTED TO MAKE THE SALE BUT I GOT TIED UP AT WORK? JUST WANDERING?

If memory serves me right I think most of them went for around $1,300-$1,350 a head. They sold in lots of three. They sure looked good.

Auburn_Ag, I went to the back to watch them bring bulls in when the Angus bulls started selling. Were you one of the guys working in the barn? Some of those bulls didn't want to cooperate much and the crew working them did a great job.

Yea I was working in the barn. I was the guy in the orange Auburn cap working the tub sweep most of the time. Believe it or not, the angus bulls worked the best this year than ever. The last 2 years they were just terrible. The only gate that got tore down was by a Hereford heifer! LOL

Did ya'll buy anything??

I was also the one verifying tickets at loadout too.

I remember seeing you. I think I remember hearing some of the other guys giving you a bad time also, did they call you Auburn?

I didn't buy anything. One of these years I may buy a bull from them but I've got enough bulls right now. Debter's are great people with great cattle. It was a fun trip.

Latest posts