Debate...

Help Support CattleToday:

I just go get all the hot peppers at the grocery. It confuses most the cashiers on how to ring them up.

We bought fresh celery the other day, the cashier looked at it, than asked, "aaaa what is that?" CELERY!!! šŸ˜²šŸ˜³ I'd understand all the different peppers and different vegetables and fruits when you get in to jackfruit, passion fruit, ect. But celery? A grow up now knowing what celery is. Wow that's weird to me. Than again I don't know all this phones, apps, ect. But I know celery. As I always say I'm old school. I could care clue about having 100 apps
I'm one of those people that has had a wide range of what I will eat, celery however is one of the few things that I just don't like at all.
Now that I'm limited to no-to low sodium, and gluten free, it's a good thing that I'm not picky eater cause it gets pretty limited what I can now eat. Pretty much meat, vegetables. Pepper, and red pepper flakes are my go to seasonings.

or under 40 :)
Shelby's heyday was in the '60s and muscle cars of the '70s although I guess he was a consultant on the Dodge Viper.

and the '87 Dodge Shelby Daytona.. or maybe Dodge just paid him to use his name.

And, those who have not seen last year's movie Ford vs Ferrari.
Ford vs Ferrari

Separately, add cilantro & ground Comino.
But, Ground chile powder is just that. Dried ground up chile peppers. Nothing added. I said peppers (plural) for a reason. There are different kinds of chile peppers and chile powdwers are labeled as to what species is used. Sometimes a blend of different types but never any other non chile pepper spices added to chile powder. I like arbol, ancho or guachillo.
All chile pepper is a fruit, not a veggie.

Chili powder (store bought mix of many spices) is for folks that don't know how to cook and blend the different spices and want someone in faraway places in some corporate setting to do it in some plant for them.

If you just have to use a mix, Wick Fowler's 2 alarm is not bad. (He was co-champion of the very 1st Terlingua chili cookoff in 1967 and won it outright twice more) Carrol Shelby was one of the founders of that cookoff, as he owned over 200,000 acres in Brewster county. (If you don't know who Carrol Shelby is, you're dead inside)

Chili, the dish, is all about flavors but too many believe it's all about heat. It's not, it's all about blending spices and meat. Any fool can make something hot.

That being said I don't think I've ever ate chili. I bet some Hispanic could make some real good chili.

Guacamole sounds good in chili... or taco chili soup.... heck let's just make nachos....

How do ya'll make nachos?! Since I can't make chili maybe my nachos are right. šŸ˜…šŸ˜†šŸ¤”šŸ‘¾šŸ„±

That being said I don't think I've ever ate chili. I bet some Hispanic could make some real good chili.
Shell your state isn't posted - I'll post a few for you to try, but probably not near you.
Browsing trip advisor's best restaurant Chili in each state, well over 40 out of 50 best chilis contain beans.

Notable exceptions.
Texas Chili Parlor in Austin Texas - red chili with generous amounts of chunky beef
(no beans) 3 levels of heat - they also have a white chili version made with pork

Oklahoma City, Ok Iron Star Urban BBQ - Range Chili - no beans, served with
corn bread and pickles on the side

Ogden, Utah the winner of the best bowl of chili in the state was: Cuppa's Lentil Chili - a vegan red chili made with lentils
hmmm - lentil chili - don't seem right, but that was Utah's winner

Virginia: Hard Times Cafe in Alexandria - finely ground beef - (no beans) from 1920s recipe by Greek immigrants

Cowboy Coffee Company Jackson Hole, Wyoming - Buffalo Chili
made with buffalo meat and constantly praised by diners

South Carolina, Hilton Head Island, One Hot Mama's - Brisket Burnt Ends Chili
Using brisket burnt ends from One Hot Mama's BBQ restaurant is intriguing.

Varallo's Restaurant, Nashville Tennessee - secret recipe contains beans
started serving chili from a street cart in 1907 - now comes 3 ways, bowl, spaghetti or tamales

Elk Chili - Casey's in Whitefish, Montana (elk meat) photo clearly shows red beans

Check's Cafe, Louisville, Kentucky Check's Famous Chili since 1944
Looks great topped with cheese and diced white onions - but I think I see beans

Last edited:

Latest posts