Debate...

Help Support CattleToday:

I've never heard of it either, and since I've gotten older I try not to have opinions about things I know nothing about, so I don't have a preference.
There is no real difference, just the color. I use White Corn Meal ground at a Mill over in NC (no additives ect). I get it at an Amish store here in my town. I do keep the unused bag in the refrigerator though.

I find white cornmeal to have less 'corn taste'.
I prefer a coarse ground cornmeal to one that is almost of a flour grind.

There are real differences:
Summary

1. White cornmeal is made from the kernels of white corn while yellow cornmeal is made from the kernels of yellow corn.
2. White cornmeal is sweet while yellow cornmeal is sweeter than white cornmeal.
3. White cornmeal is best for use in recipes that call for flour that is not so sweet while yellow cornmeal is best for recipes that calls for sweeter ingredients.
4. Yellow cornmeal has a stronger and more powerful flavor while white cornmeal does not.
5. Although they are both rich in nutrients especially if grounded in stone grinders, yellow cornmeal has more vitamins A and B content while white cornmeal has less.

Read more: Difference Between White and Yellow Cornmeal | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/ob...ween-white-and-yellow-cornmeal/#ixzz7HCifY0SS
Store bought cornmeal 'mixes' have too much flour in them for my preference. 'Jiffy' being one of the worst.

Last edited:
So I guess it's a show about tourists that eat white cornmeal and ride buffalos ?? Sounds interesting.
Glad I got chores to do.
I used to watch TV but I can't really stand it anymore.
I used to be a avid sports fan but cannot take the modern day sports attitude of millionaires playing a kids game and thinking they are activists or have some morel compass that we all need to follow.
The commercials are probably the worst part of TV. Slanted to say least.
I didn't need to see 2 guys swapping spit advertising something. Most commercials are designed with specific ideals in mind.
I don't need any more drama in my life we have a 250 acre ranch and we see drama everyday.. real drama.

My wife has watched a little of the 1883 series. She isn't impressed with it. She says it portrays Texas and the South in a bad light. She thinks it's a very inaccurate portrayal. I don't really get much out of tv anymore being as I can't hear it.

You get more nutrients if your corn is "grounded" in stone grinders?
Yes, lower temperature in the meal.

"Yellow corn is considered as having more nutritional value than white corn. Some varieties of yellow corn contain more lutein, and Vitamin A. white corn does not contain lutein, and Vitamin A. yellow corn is a good source of lutein, and Vitamin A. White corn has two recessive Y alleles that do not produce carotenoids, so the endosperm is white. The single dominant Y allele of yellow corn makes it produce carotenoid pigments that are responsible for the red, yellow, or orange hues in fruits and vegetables. White corn is the more common variety of corn and is the original. Other-colored corn varieties as the yellow corn are mutations of the white 'parent.'"

What is Yellowstone?
We don't watch TV.
You aren't missing anything. We watched the first episode, that was enough for us. Very fake, very dark and way too much bad language. That is 3 strikes against it. We were disappointed that Costner didn't come up with something better. But I think we are in the minority. Sad what is acceptable these days.

Yes, lower temperature in the meal.

"Yellow corn is considered as having more nutritional value than white corn. Some varieties of yellow corn contain more lutein, and Vitamin A. white corn does not contain lutein, and Vitamin A. yellow corn is a good source of lutein, and Vitamin A. White corn has two recessive Y alleles that do not produce carotenoids, so the endosperm is white. The single dominant Y allele of yellow corn makes it produce carotenoid pigments that are responsible for the red, yellow, or orange hues in fruits and vegetables. White corn is the more common variety of corn and is the original. Other-colored corn varieties as the yellow corn are mutations of the white 'parent.'"
Thanks for that explanation.

My wife has watched a little of the 1883 series. She isn't impressed with it. She says it portrays Texas and the South in a bad light. She thinks it's a very inaccurate portrayal. I don't really get much out of tv anymore being as I can't hear it.
We watched the second episode. Missed the first one. So far, it's better than we thought Yellowstone was, so we will try the next episode. We were surprised Faith Hill was very good, as was Tim McGraw. We weren't expecting that.

Ate dinner with some friends, years ago, when we lived near Columbia MO.
Spaghetti...but they put shrimp, scallops, and crab meat in the sauce, instead of ground beef.
That's just WRONG.