death penalty

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
larryshoat":2zvmy3xr said:
Wewild":2zvmy3xr said:
larryshoat":2zvmy3xr said:
It seems to me that if I understand what you are trying to say, we could throw the Old Testament away and still be ok.

Larry

Yeah ...as I am a Methodist.

You must be a Baptist?????
LOL No,I'm a Methodist too.
I see the Old Testament and the New Testament as more of an unresolved paradox. Much the same as the tension between faith and works.

Larry

I don't under stand the "works" thing......PM me

I luv herfrds":eu9sc5le said:
So right Grannysoo.
They caught that guy from Idaho here in Montana, but not til after he killed 3 people including a young boy.
Got a guy on death row here that killed 2 young men after they gave him a ride. He is from Canada and now the Canadian government is putting pressure on our govenor to commute the death sentence to life in prison. The men's families are against it.
My mother in laws aunt and uncle were murdered in California and the killers were never found. She had very strong opinions on the death penalty.
I think very few canadians think ,we should be meddling in your justice affairs --I did hear about that on TV but its a pretty small lobby group thats involved in it-----when did that happen anyway ???

carl

well i still think that if we know 100%, its worse to let them go an think they are not going to do it again, plus take money that would help someone truly in need, than to support them forever. God is a loving father, and he gives all a choice. i believe we will be held accountable for handling things the way we do [or dont]

Tod Dague":1gnwqsnf said:
There are some people that are so evil that the only thing you can do is get rid of them.

http://www.texnews.com/1998/texas/mcd1118.html

Howmany cases have we all heard of where these monsters are released early from jail, given a life sentence, then go out and kill again. This is the fault of the prison system, people like these can not be fixed, its a shame the prison system let this guy out to kill again, life in prison should mean life in prison, I'm glad someone had the sense to finally make him pay for his crimes.

There was a case in MO here a few years back, same reasoning, the guy got out early for his sentence, deemed cured. Within a month of his release he had kidnapped, raped and murdered a 19 year old girl, same thing he tried before that caused him to go to jail. He's on death row now, lets see how long it takes for him to be executed?

In the meanwhile a 19 year old, just starting life is gone, and her last moments were spent with a vile creature like this, not to mention her family who will never be the same. I just hope he is put to death soon and not 15 years from now, so my taxpayer dollars don't have to support his sorry self anymore.

GMN

This past year I had the opportunity to visit Alcatraz which was pretty neat. There was an exhibit there that really made me think. At the early stage of development of this country there were no jails nor prisons. The punishment options were death, beatings (varying degrees depending on the infraction) and fines. Think about how much money would be saved if we went back to only these options.

From a religious viewpoint, I don't believe the death penalty is wrong. The Bible always teaches that there are consequences to our actions and a price must be paid. We see many people killed in the Old Testament as punishment for their sins/crimes. We don't live by that standard any longer since that law has expired. Remember that Jesus taught that those that don't work should go hungry.

I have several close family members who work in the prisons and the say that it is much safer for the inmates to have "activites" to do and TV to watch, ect. I happy inmate is an easier inmate to control. I belive this to be true for the sake of the prison workers. Now - what I truly think - they should not be allowed to have TV, workout rooms, 3 square meals, Heat/AC, ect.ect.ect. We should not have to work so hard so they don't have to. Chain them to the floor all day every day so they aren't hard to control. Bring back the chain gangs, make then work the fields if they want to eat - and not with all these tractors and equipment they have now, got them out there with hoes and shovels! It's way too easy in prison, that's why they aren't scared to be there. My mother is a prison nurse - prisioners get better medical care then a lot of children - families - elderly, simply because the prisioners don't have to pay for it!!!!

Crisy - how does your country deal with prisioners, and people that murder ect, if there is no death penalty? Are the jails overcrowed like they are here?

chrisy":o98rykii said:
God did put us here but he also did not expect us to kill each other.

And yet the prisons are too full? String em to a tree to die a slow death? Schizophrenia run in your family chrisy? ( To all you true shizo's please let me apologize in advance ).

Our values are correct when they tell us not to kill, it is our systems that fail us when life sentences mean a few years, or the cost of incarcerating offenders is obscene.

Respect for human life is basic, we have not taught that very well to our children.

When we lose that respect for human life, someone, some governement, somewhere, will have free will to treat us all as amoebas. And we will deserve it.

and yet respecfully, would you live next to one or let your child. they try to kill each other in prison. how would you feel if you were laci petersons family? how many dollars have we spent on charles manson & others like that? i would rather be a skitso thana bleeding heart:{

ALX.":vjiihy9d said:
chrisy":vjiihy9d said:
God did put us here but he also did not expect us to kill each other.

And yet the prisons are too full? String em to a tree to die a slow death? Schizophrenia run in your family chrisy? ( To all you true shizo's please let me apologize in advance ).

Our values are correct when they tell us not to kill, it is our systems that fail us when life sentences mean a few years, or the cost of incarcerating offenders is obscene.

Respect for human life is basic, we have not taught that very well to our children.

When we lose that respect for human life, someone, some governement, somewhere, will have free will to treat us all as amoebas. And we will deserve it.

I think you have to remembr that these cold hearted murderers in my book aren't human anymore when they commit the crimes they do. They aren't normal people and should not be treated like they are!

GMN

Back to the original question about those Murders up in Carnation. I am basically for the death penalty. Probably not all the time but there certainly are cases. This is one of those cases. And I say that because after they had killed the adults they executed the two little kids. When they did that all other circumstances went out the window. Heck, give them life for the murder of the adults but the death penality for the kids.

Dave":5rq1f99u said:
Back to the original question about those Murders up in Carnation. I am basically for the death penalty. Probably not all the time but there certainly are cases. This is one of those cases. And I say that because after they had killed the adults they executed the two little kids. When they did that all other circumstances went out the window. Heck, give them life for the murder of the adults but the death penality for the kids.

I say they should get the death penalty for all the ones they killed. Family killing family, especially the 2 lil kids is despicable.

What did they say the motive was- over money-what a waste.

GMN

starbaby":250pdcds said:
how many dollars have we spent on charles manson & others like that? i would rather be a skitso thana bleeding heart:{

Thats the difference between Manson and us. Money is not a major factor in determining humanity.

Bleeding heart? I'd kill in a heartbeat in immediate defence of life. That's how I made my living. Luckily I was never callled on to pull the trigger. ( Although it was close many times ).

Folks whine and complain about their systems, governments, courts, but fall all over themselves to give their govt the right to kill for them. Our govt hasn't killed for me in a long time and I'll be darned if I would give them the right.

DNA has set at least 2 convicted murderers free here and a coroner was recently found to have been incompetent to the point hundreds of child death convictions are under review. Dozens of people convicted of killing their own children have been exonerated.

Life and death is WAY too important to leave to govt.

ALX.":1w9ev72m said:
starbaby":1w9ev72m said:
how many dollars have we spent on charles manson & others like that? i would rather be a skitso thana bleeding heart:{

Thats the difference between Manson and us. Money is not a major factor in determining humanity.

Bleeding heart? I'd kill in a heartbeat in immediate defence of life. That's how I made my living. Luckily I was never callled on to pull the trigger. ( Although it was close many times ).

Folks whine and complain about their systems, governments, courts, but fall all over themselves to give their govt the right to kill for them. Our govt hasn't killed for me in a long time and I'll be darned if I would give them the right.

DNA has set at least 2 convicted murderers free here and a coroner was recently found to have been incompetent to the point hundreds of child death convictions are under review. Dozens of people convicted of killing their own children have been exonerated.

Life and death is WAY too important to leave to govt.

Then who should the death penalty be up to?

True there are cases where innocent people have gone to jail, or have been found guilty by a jury when they are actually innocent, maybe its not a perfect system, however, I think in the cases where you have a individual who has confessed to the crime, and the evidence is 100%, no reason of doubt, I think the death penalty should be considered, as said before many times on this forum already.

GMN

GMN":38ct62ij said:
Then who should the death penalty be up to?

GMN

God.

And I don't expect to change folks minds, but I do respect everyones opinion, and I very much appreciate having the right to express it. You don't like my opinion or agree, thats fine, but don't expect me to be impressed by what has been said on some forum so many times in the past. :lol: :lol:

My brother was antideath penalty, until his son was murdered. Gives one a different perspective.

dun":17i759a3 said:
My brother was antideath penalty, until his son was murdered. Gives one a different perspective.

My son would disown me if I lost my respect for life just because he got murdered by some sicko!

Not much chance of that anyway, very low murder rates here.
Silly respect for human life thing cropping up again.

I'm for the death penalty in certain cases, but it's imperative that we make every effort to assure that the accused are guilty, and that they get a fair trial. If that takes a few years, so be it. This talk of stringing people up in the town square is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts