deal or no deal

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i have a pureblood beefmaster exposed heifer that i decided to grade because i had a problem getting her papers.so i offered her to my nephew for $600 thats $200 less than i think shes worth.if yall was in his shoes would you buy her or turn her down.bear in mind rough pairs or bred cows are going for $400 to $900.

thats what i told him.plus im knocking $200 off.i sold weaning reg heifers for $800.

Does this nephew help you work on your farm? I know many people who trade heifers for work. Maybe he's expecting a good cut because he related to you, or maybe he's done work for you.

he dont work on the farm because he lives in cali.an yes he was expecting a good deal.he spent most of the summer piddling on the farm.he wants to buy her them go to the sale barn an buy another heifer.will see what he does monday.

sounds like smome people I know that think things don't cost the farmer anything & that you should just give the stuff to everybody for free. :devil2:

Just send her to the sale barn in my name. I will give you the $600 out of my check. A breeding age heifer should be big enough to dollar out more than that as a slaughter animal right now.

Bull sounds to me like the kid thinks you basically should give him the cow. And you use the word "piddled" around the place. doesn't sound real energetic either. I'd keep my animal, self it myself and tell him if he really wants it to go bid on it at the salebarn.

TB i say piddled because he would come work 4 to 5hrs at a time.he did get an old barn burned an cleaned up.as well as disked.an he disked the ruts down in the pasture.he even moved the old badger wagon out behind the house.an besides grandma said she would pay him for working.an i got all that money back plus some.plus him an his dad sorted off 5 big bull calves last nite.an sent them to the sale.