deal or no deal

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds to me like a pretty good deal. Lots of questions to be answered but After 5 or 6 years you probably know what to ask and what to look for.

haha..never seem to ask the right quest at the right time. i always have the question on the 3 hr drive home after i paid for em.....

says now hes got 11 on the ground. no background records. no date of birth. or calving dates. all hiefers. all bred from his reg angus bull but not part of his reg herd...maybe his culls?? more pics to come via email. 11 at $7000 i figure is $636 not cntg calves....im in if the wife will go for it...

gonna be a tuff sell i think tho.....

dieselbeef":2yz57zk9 said:
haha..never seem to ask the right quest at the right time. i always have the question on the 3 hr drive home after i paid for em.....

says now hes got 11 on the ground. no background records. no date of birth. or calving dates. all hiefers. all bred from his reg angus bull but not part of his reg herd...maybe his culls?? more pics to come via email. 11 at $7000 i figure is $636 not cntg calves....im in if the wife will go for it...

gonna be a tuff sell i think tho.....

show her the math. The calves should sell for close to that when you ship them.

No, don't do like me and remember all the questions on the way home. "Write em down before you go there." Don't ask me why I know that. LOL LOL

If you are going to buy them don't tell us here. One of us could swoop down there Monday with a stock trailer and a $7g wad and drive home while you are still negotiating with your wife. Of course, I would not think of doing such a thing :cboy:

If I wasn't 782 miles away it would look good. Any way if you don't buy them maybe I could get my wife to change the Gulf Shores trip around a little and take the stock trailor to the beach and alter the return trip a little. Y'all think she would go for that :lol2: ?

Go see them DB and go with your gut, if you like them get them. Good luck ,I hope you have found what you are looking for.. :)

Oh, but don't take my advice I charge my cattle for being here and I kept an RA cow that wouldn't even raise her own calves and paid for her calf out of my own pocket.. :lol2:

wife aint goin for it..moneys just too tight..still workin on cashflow to swing it....thats bout half all the money we got. guess i could sell the 5 steers i got but the market here brings beans. was holding out to sell as beef not on hoof. not sure if i can get her to take the chance or not...ill show her the numbers when i get a minute to sit down..probly tonite....

AND YALL BETTER STAY OFFA MY DEAL....GGRGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

til i bail on it...we just got no money....

I can hear it now. All this money you're wanting to spend on cows, blah, blah, blah.

Sounds like a bribe is in order... :roll:

blah blah..kid needs another car...we could pay off some bills blah blah....thats alotta money for cows...
i told her its like playing the stk mrkt...but if we get 10 out of 11 calving the first yr we could get..maybe 4k back..then the next yr we could start to pay oursleves back...she aint buyin it...dont look good..she said by 6...7k is too much...unless the guys gonna let me pick and choose its probly gonna be a good deal for someone else..but hes had em for sale for 2 mos or more and still got em

Couple of things to consider. If he has truly lost a lease where has he been keeping them for 2 months? If there are cattle traders there like here, and I am sure there are some, why have they not been bought if they are a bargin? Here a bargin on cattle last 2 hours instead of 2 months.

grannysoo":1qxnqmir said:
I can hear it now. All this money you're wanting to spend on cows, blah, blah, blah.

Yea like the $500 hunting dog I brought back from South Dakota last year that has cost me over $1500 in bribes so far. Once you start paying those bribes it never ends.

kenny thomas":138qsidm said:
Couple of things to consider. If he has truly lost a lease where has he been keeping them for 2 months? If there are cattle traders there like here, and I am sure there are some, why have they not been bought if they are a bargin? Here a bargin on cattle last 2 hours instead of 2 months.

yeah kenny..same thing i was thinking....why i wanted some more pics and a trip up there weds thurs maybe...

bribes aint gonna git it fer me...hse got all the money soon as i got married..my truk is my toy and she feeds that already...more things that eat money are a little harder to get by her...it aint over yet

seriously if someone local cant get em have at it..im gonna lowball him anyways and see what happens...cash talks..times are tuff....its def a buyers markt...fl aint like the rest of the cattle world...poor if ya aint got a potload. i got 2 bad ones goin in tues for weds sale...ill show ya how bad then

I think I agree with the wife on this one. This looks like a sure deal; BUT you really don't want to be investing the emergency fund. If you got the funds to invest that is one thing. If doing a deal takes you down to your last $500, don't invest just hold.

3waycross":1ss2qzlt said:
grannysoo":1ss2qzlt said:

Yea like the $500 hunting dog I brought back from South Dakota last year that has cost me over $1500 in bribes so far. Once you start paying those bribes it never ends.

LOL serves you guys right.. :lol2:

DB do not drain your savings for cattle, you would be better off giving it to Madoff. Livestock can lead to dead stock, you could bring them home and they could be dead in a week . Never gamble with your savings you never know when an emergency will come up and it keeps your family with heat ,power a full belly and a roof over their heads.
If I were you I would start a cattle jar, cutback on a few things that you sometimes splurge on and put the money in the jar instead. You will be surprised at how fast the jar fills ( don't let the wife pilfer the jar though).

ah yes..the tales of wiser men than myself(or women).

thanks for all the advice. ill hafta wiat til i can sell of some of these steers and after i pay myself back the 1800 the cattle owe me then ill start looking again.true words to have cash..never know when the economy will get worse...

sometimes ya see something that seems such a deal ya cant pass it up...oh well maybe next time

willing to sell singles. said i could have 7 for 5000. not pairs tho. booo

so....im thinkin thats too much. i need to get em for 600-650. if not proven bred already.

he says theyre heavy bred so they should be coming right. so other than a visual i gotta take his word for it. i doubt ill have anything from a vet to show .

or i offer him 750 for 6 pairs...gets me off the hook for bred hiefers that way too.. and if i pick pairs with hiefers i can bred em from my bull in 2 yrs or so....

whattya yall think..do i have a clue.

he keeps tellin me he need to so something cuz hes running outta grass...but he aint makin me no great deals...says theyre eating up his hayfield so he needs to move em..

Latest posts