dead calf???

Help Support CattleToday:

hillside

Reaction score
Found holstein cross dead in barn couple of days ago.He was about 65 days old,never been sick. Had small amount of blood around mouth,nose. Eyes seemed really red around them. We had severe temp. changes,don't know if had any thing to do w/ it. Wondering if any one seen this before. Others seem unaffected. thanks Hillside

hillside":n6xifo1w said:
Found holstein cross dead in barn couple of days ago.He was about 65 days old,never been sick. Had small amount of blood around mouth,nose. Eyes seemed really red around them. We had severe temp. changes,don't know if had any thing to do w/ it. Wondering if any one seen this before. Others seem unaffected. thanks Hillside

We had one calf last spring that simply dropped dead at somewhere between 2-3 months old. He literally dropped dead like someone had shot him, except there was no blood anywhere. I don't know what the cause was, the calf was not posted, and there were no more incidents of whatever it was.

I have only seen traces of blood at the mouth and nose, as well as the red bleedout around the eyes on calves who died of injuries. Sounds like he might have gotten kicked in the head? No matter the reason, that kind of surprise drags down the day.

J and L":1fzqlcl5 said:
I have only seen traces of blood at the mouth and nose, as well as the red bleedout around the eyes on calves who died of injuries. Sounds like he might have gotten kicked in the head? No matter the reason, that kind of surprise drags down the day.
Tthanks for input,that's kinda what i was thinking,that it was from an injury. That makes some sense.

Latest posts