de-licing cows

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

my question is this; i have cows some due to calf now (jan thru april)...what seems to be the most <br>effective and safe way to de-louse these cows...ivomec,spotton,de-lice?...i've tried all but my concern is the<br>cows due in the next couple of weeks...i tend to not do them until after they calve out.....could someone pl<br>please help....i have about twenty cows and a bull to do...i have ivomec and spotton already on hand<br>thanks for any input
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2432mlux said:
: my question is this; i have cows some due to calf now (jan thru april)...what seems to be the most <br>: effective and safe way to de-louse these cows...ivomec,spotton,de-lice?...i've tried all but my concern is the<br>: cows due in the next couple of weeks...i tend to not do them until after they calve out.....could someone pl<br>: please help....i have about twenty cows and a bull to do...i have ivomec and spotton already on hand<br>: thanks for any input<p>Kerry,<br>If lice is all you are after, if weather permits spray them with permethrin or use a pour-on containing the same. Very safe. I think ivomec is safe at any time of gestation, but it is somewhat expensive just for lice. Mike H.<p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts