DDG's

Help Support CattleToday:

Arlene

Reaction score
When pelletizing, density increases by 14% reducing shipping cost and increasing shelf life, not to mention the hassel, when unloading original DDGs and of course all the waste. Cattle prefer chewing on a pellet rather straight from the ethanol plant DDGs.

Arlene":2k2dskwm said:
When pelletizing, density increases by 14% reducing shipping cost and increasing shelf life, not to mention the hassel, when unloading original DDGs and of course all the waste. Cattle prefer chewing on a pellet rather straight from the ethanol plant DDGs.

DDG is very had to pelletize. Why would you want to waste money making a pellet when it's going to turn to meal the minute it goes into the cow other than you can get more weight on a truckload in pellet form??? I assume "your're selling ddg"??????

TexasBred":1h7nss99 said:
Arlene":1h7nss99 said:

DDG is very had to pelletize. Why would you want to waste money making a pellet when it's going to turn to meal the minute it goes into the cow other than you can get more weight on a truckload in pellet form??? I assume "your're selling ddg"??????

Feed where it's windy and you'll see thew value of pellets

Well we have our share of the wind and I've mixed a lot of feed and never saw the need to have it pelletized unless I was feeding it inside a dairy barn and needed consumption of a large amount in a short time. The wind doesn't blow constantly. You should always figure a little shrinkage into the cost of feed anyway. I'd be curious of the moisture level in the pellets.