• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DDG's

Arlene

Reaction score
When pelletizing, density increases by 14% reducing shipping cost and increasing shelf life, not to mention the hassel, when unloading original DDGs and of course all the waste. Cattle prefer chewing on a pellet rather straight from the ethanol plant DDGs.

TexasBred

Reaction score
Arlene":2k2dskwm said:
When pelletizing, density increases by 14% reducing shipping cost and increasing shelf life, not to mention the hassel, when unloading original DDGs and of course all the waste. Cattle prefer chewing on a pellet rather straight from the ethanol plant DDGs.

DDG is very had to pelletize. Why would you want to waste money making a pellet when it's going to turn to meal the minute it goes into the cow other than you can get more weight on a truckload in pellet form??? I assume "your're selling ddg"??????

dun

Reaction score
TexasBred":1h7nss99 said:
Arlene":1h7nss99 said:

DDG is very had to pelletize. Why would you want to waste money making a pellet when it's going to turn to meal the minute it goes into the cow other than you can get more weight on a truckload in pellet form??? I assume "your're selling ddg"??????

Feed where it's windy and you'll see thew value of pellets

TexasBred

Reaction score
Well we have our share of the wind and I've mixed a lot of feed and never saw the need to have it pelletized unless I was feeding it inside a dairy barn and needed consumption of a large amount in a short time. The wind doesn't blow constantly. You should always figure a little shrinkage into the cost of feed anyway. I'd be curious of the moisture level in the pellets.