Daytona 500

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
Just a week away and the clash this Sunday, wonder if it will be a sellout crowd, gets harder to watch with alot of the old school drivers retiring, guess that's the same with any sport, looks like they made some rule changes in the 1.5 mile cookie cutter tracks to try and get them better, looks like I'll be pulling for the 6 car at Daytona.

Moved the spoilers from 2.8 inches up to 8 inches, mandate right side windows at all tracks, widened front air dam another 2 inches. Cars will have a ton of down force, there will be lots of passing now. Should be the best year for passing in a long time.

haase said:
Just a week away and the clash this Sunday, wonder if it will be a sellout crowd, gets harder to watch with alot of the old school drivers retiring, guess that's the same with any sport, looks like they made some rule changes in the 1.5 mile cookie cutter tracks to try and get them better, looks like I'll be pulling for the 6 car at Daytona.
Yessir and so will I. :nod:

The clash didn't look much different than a typical restrictor plate race, glad Ricky the other rousch driver wasn't in it probably would have been alot of other wrecks.

Johnson sure is making alot of friends at Daytona, wrecked most of the field in the clash, and Kyle sure was happy with him after the duels, hes gone from being the goat to being the donkey.

Watching the truck race tonight, and wondering why this isn't the premier division of nascar, been watching it since the truck series came out, it always produces the best racing no matter what size track there on.

haase said:
Watching the truck race tonight, and wondering why this isn't the premier division of nascar, been watching it since the truck series came out, it always produces the best racing no matter what size track there on.

I really enjoyed it when it first came out. They went to smaller, "local" tracks. Had a competition yellow at the 1/2 mark, and that was the only time you could pit unless there was a problem. It was "low cost" for being part of the premier circuit. Now, it's all money, money, money, MONEY!!!, and it's dull.

Ah, the good ole days.....