Days getting shorter...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
When does the time change, anyway? Just wondering. I always seem to change times in my brain before they do it officially, so I am wanting that "extra hour" of sleep. Used to feed about 7:00 and it is getting dark by then.

i hate losing the day light soo early... im not ready... LOL i have pluged in the timer in my barn to have light on when i get there..i use to beable to get in ther before it was dark. now its getting dusk by 7 here too... some times i beat the timer some times i dont depending on what time i get in from work.. Rose

Fall back the last full weekend in October; however, this is the last year for that scenario. Next year we will spring forward on the 2nd Sunday in March; fall back, the 1st Sunday in November. Next fall will be easy to remember - opening weekend of deer season ( rifle) in Texas.

I love fall but I sure hate to see the onset of winter and all that darkness.

I'm wondering, what jobs do everyone save for winter? For me, winter is much easier. The girls are all in the same place most of the time so not as much fence to keep an eye on, no weeds to clear, just move a few rolls into the feedlot every couple of weeks. Calves are all due in mid Feb so that will be a busy time but not much going on in the meantime.

This winter I swear I am going to fix the cultivators on the old Cub tractor also going to put some kind of sealant on the trailer floor - try to extend the life of it. May even clean up the truck a little - it's screaming for a coat of wax!

Although we are having unusal weather for this time of year it is still getting dark at about 6pm dusk comes at about 5pm but it is still warm, strange, our clocks go back on halloween. which means it starts getting dark at about 4 - 4.30pm. I hate the dark nights. Up in Scotland it starts to get dark at about 1.30pm in winter how awful would that be, but I suppose better than 6 month light and dark, like is it ~Alaska?