days after ai'ing?

Help Support CattleToday:

ousoonerfan22

Reaction score
I was told you could load/haul cows the day you have them ai'ed but not to haul them for the next couple of weeks? So if you had these cows seperated from the rest during the whole ai'ing process and a week or two after ai'ing you turn them out with the rest of the cows and the cows start fighting until the pecking order is established again can this harm or knock the eggs loose on the ai'ed cows? :???:

I can see the stress of moving affecting them adversely but knocking the eggs loose probably won't happen.

Adrinalin binds to the same receptor as lutenizing hormone so you want to (in an ideal world) stay away from stressing them from about day nine after AI until about day forty when thier corpus luteum is secreting enough progesterone that their lutenizing response won't kick in.
Personally, I just move them when they need to be moved. If she's goofy enough to have a panic response over it then she can lose her calf and that's fine with me. :lol: All of the stuff I've seen on it involved alot more stress than just simple pasture movements. It was more like haul them to a show the same day that you give them a shot of lut and leave them overnight.

How long do you wait to turn out ai'ed cows with a bull? :???:
We had some ai'ed last monday and would like to turn them out tomorrow or monday.

ousoonerfan22":3mfxj83l said:
How long do you wait to turn out ai'ed cows with a bull? :???:
We had some ai'ed last monday and would like to turn them out tomorrow or monday.
As long as they were standing well we just wait till the next day unless there is a special bull we want them AIed to

Latest posts