daylight saving time

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":mu777own said:
Interesting thread. We are now back to "normal" time. Daylight savings time just ended. People are complaining about not wanting "normal" time.

What if we just set the clocks forward 2 hours and left it that way? :D

We can set the clocks forward or backward any number of hours, it wouldn't really matter after a week or two adjustment.
Since we stopped relying on sundials, time has become arbitrary.
I argue that we would be happier if the time at least tried to mark the progress of the sun across the sky. Noon should be straight up noon (highest point of the sun in the sky) and the rest follows from there.
When daylight is short, like now, we are either going to work or coming home from work in the dark. So it really doesn't make an "available daylight" difference.
The question comes down to when we want our daylight available--morning or evening. DST favors the "evening, after work" folks and Standard Time favors "morning people", of which I am one.
Anecdotal stuff I have read indicates that even standard time is more than an hour off "sun time". So, when we have DST we really have "double DST".
Whatever we do, we should do it year round. The switch is what's rough. It always makes me write long rants on internet forums. :lol2:

Time really doesnt make any difference to me. When I retired I quit wearing a watch.
Tom.

Daylight is still daylight, dark comes after sundown, only difference in this week and last week is a few numbers on a clock that i don't look at.

I like it that it is daylight when I drop the kid off at school but that's temporary, too. It will be dark pretty soon as the days shorten. I went to bed at eight last night! My body hasn't caught up yet.

Ha!
Ya'll think your confused?
Spent one day at home Sunday under the "Normal" time, (central time)
Came to Atlanta. (easterntime) on Monday. :shock:
My bodyclock dont know where it is.

warpaint":2j5pt8v5 said:
Ha!
Ya'll think your confused?
Spent one day at home Sunday under the "Normal" time, (central time)
Came to Atlanta. (easterntime) on Monday. :shock:
My bodyclock dont know where it is.
if your in hotlanta it dont matter,,

I know many of you don't like the golfer's desire for DST but I say leave it DST year round. I've never been one to get up at 5:30 without good reason and when your still working until well after dark it makes it that much harder to be motivated to be up at 5. Give me that extra hour of daylight and let me get that much more done in the waning hours of the day.

dlst.jpg

backhoeboogie":11ch59dq said:
Dun, The problem lies in all of us playing along with the games.

If the blanket is a mile long, not too many can see the top and the bottom of the blanket at the same time.