Daylight saving time

Help Support CattleToday:

Hasbeen":3u85tg5n said:
Jogeephus":3u85tg5n said:
Does anyone know how to change the time on a cheap digital wrist watch? :oops:

I throw it in the drawer until DSL comes around again next year. Now if I could just figure how to get that stupid alarm to shut off.........

A hammer works very well! ;-)

Green Creek":n9uc47y2 said:
MillIronQH":n9uc47y2 said:
Going to WalMart a hassle??? you mean not everybody ends up having to go there at least twice a week? :shock: :lol: Z

I thought if you didn't go pay your dues twice a week, they sent out a truant officer after you.

He must not have my address.

For 2006, I might get drug in there a half dozen times, if I absolutely have no other alternative.

My upcoming miserable trips to the mall are forthcoming and I am totally dreading that too. At Christmas time, computer shopping sounds like the most brilliant thing going.

Maybe I find a whole bunch of new watches on eBay or something.

My upcoming miserable trips to the mall are forthcoming and I am totally dreading that too. At Christmas time, computer shopping sounds like the most brilliant thing going.

I am in fact one of the few, the chosen ones that only have a couple of people I personally buy for. Debby handle the stuff for her family. I only have to buy something for her and two others.Z

It's less than 60 days until Christmas. I love it. Favorite time of year. The day after Thanksgiving......Watch'em go. It's better than a night at the inprov. I feed early that morning so that I can watch people stand outside the Target store at 4:00am freezing their buns off with a hand full of coupons in one hand and sale papers,cell phone, and a cup of coffee that every other freezing soul out there is looking at like a coyote looks a a newborn goat. The NFL ain't got nothing on these folks. They don't have a lineman on any team that can stop a Moma in search of Tickle me Elmo,power rangers,dragon balls or whatever they came prepaired to kill for. Yes sir, good Lord willing... I'll be there. Wal-Mart........ People fighting over things they don't even want, but they just have to run with the herd to be a part of the game. I always like to watch the news that night to see the fights and tramplings that have become part of the Christmas festivities. You gotta love it. ;-)

ctlbaron":3fh3kmaj said:
It's less than 60 days until Christmas. I love it. Favorite time of year. The day after Thanksgiving......Watch'em go. It's better than a night at the inprov. I feed early that morning so that I can watch people stand outside the Target store at 4:00am freezing their buns off with a hand full of coupons in one hand and sale papers,cell phone, and a cup of coffee that every other freezing soul out there is looking at like a coyote looks a a newborn goat. The NFL ain't got nothing on these folks. They don't have a lineman on any team that can stop a Moma in search of Tickle me Elmo,power rangers,dragon balls or whatever they came prepaired to kill for. Yes sir, good Lord willing... I'll be there. Wal-Mart........ People fighting over things they don't even want, but they just have to run with the herd to be a part of the game. I always like to watch the news that night to see the fights and tramplings that have become part of the Christmas festivities. You gotta love it. ;-)

Last year I don't know how I forgot but I went to wal-mart to buy some non Christmas stuff. I usually do no shopping day after Thanksgiving of any sort. I could not believe the circus it was in there. I ended up leaving and decided a could wait a few more days on milk, and socks.

Seems like I read that daylight savings time was created to conserve energy by having more daylight at night rather than using electricity. I agree I think Ben Franklin had the idea but not sure when it came into being. I like the extra daylight during the summer but makes an abrupt change this time of year (dark at 6 p.m. already).[/list][/code][/quote]

peg4x4":3kzjylec said:
I'm even more confused now <time> Can't figgre anything out ....

Peg we have two basic things going on at the same time. We shift our times around with daylight savings time. Were in the summer we have one more hour of daylight in the evening than in the morning. Then in winter we go back to standard time where we have one hour more daylight in the morning than in the evening.

But the twist is which is a separate coinciding issue as the year goes we also have shorter daylight time in the winter. Due to the fact the earths axis is tilted and as we rotate around the sun in the winter the north pole is the farthest from the sun and as a result we have the shortest days of year starting close to Christmas time.

So this time of year not only has daylight time shifted so it more sun in morning than evening. Even if we did not change the clocks it would still be getting darker sooner in winter than in summer. In summer we have daylight sometimes at 9:00 p.m. here in our time zone. But even if we did not change clocks back it would still be getting dark around 6:30 in winter hear later in December compared to 9:00 in the summer peak hours.

I have heard many reasons for change not sure why, the saving energy was a big one, also people say because school kids are out early in morning going to school the shift helps them to not be walking to school in dark. Not sure the real reasons why though. And in summer people like having the longer evening times to do activities.