Day Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

nap

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the Day Hereford cattle out of Roff, OK? The genetics of our herd is heavily influenced by 943, a bull that at one time owned by Richard Day. I had heard that Richard was having health problems and was wondering if anyone could provide a status update. Thanks for your help.

I would also like to know. How did 943 do for you? I always liked the look of him. Richard Day must be very advanced in his years by now. He was an old man when we talked and that was probably 12 years ago.

This will be of no help but the few 943 calves I had were average. Nothing fancy. But only had a few by the bull. A-I

KNERSIE":1jb1of8r said:
I would also like to know. How did 943 do for you? I always liked the look of him. Richard Day must be very advanced in his years by now. He was an old man when we talked and that was probably 12 years ago.
We used 943 to AI some heifers. The calves were ok but not great. However, we now using a 943 son that we purchased from Richard and he is throwing some nice calves. The last time I saw Richard was in the fall of 2016. He had had a recent stroke but he and his wife were maintaining the ranch. I've tried to email him on several occasions but haven't gotten any response. I'm a little hesitant to call, but I guess I will. Thanks for your response.

Anyone with any recent input on the Day cattle I would appreciate it. I plan to buy a bull from them.

Latest posts