David Letterman

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy43

Reaction score
Never did care for him or his ways but I would watch ever once in awhile, but after his remarks the other nite I'll never watch again. Very unprofessional !

If you choose to put yourself (and your family) in the public eye, it's like painting a target on you butt. Makes you fair game for whoever wants to say whatever. I was a lot more offended by the use of that pregnant teenager and special needs baby as campaign tools than I was by Letterman's remarks.

Anyway, if you want to watch a late night talk show, there's really no choice any more.

What'd he say now? I've been out of touch. My son has the flu and my life had been focused on that.

Got both their names out in the public/media..Thats what they both live for..

Lammie go over to ranchers.net and go on the Political Bull forum. There was a big discussion about it.

Jim his remarks concerning a 14yo girl was uncalled for regardless of who their parents are. Would you tolerate it if it was your daughter?
I sure as h*ll wouldn't.

The daughter's 18, isn't she? Not that that makes any difference. It was a line in a comedy routine, fer cryin' out loud.

What makes this country what it is, is EVERYONE spending their lives looking for something to get their feelings hurt over. And then suing everyone in sight. Not for the money, mind you, but just to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. :lol:

U. S. Americans need to get a grip. :cowboy:

Is this some Bristol thing? She's 18, graduated from HS recently.

I agree, if you are going to be a public figure, then you are going to attract all sorts of attention, positive and otherwise. What I don't like about it is that if gives that woman more attention. The good thing about it is that when she opens her mouth, she normally says stuff that makes you thank goodness that she isn't second in command.

I'm about ready for Mrs. Palin's fifteen minutes to be up.

The daughter that was with her at the ball game was 14 and joking about A Rod knocking her up, (out of line and sick). No 14 year old should be exposed to such remarks no matter what position her parents are in.

Letterman proved that there is not the slightest trace of the gentleman in is character.
What he said was way beyond rude.
That girl does not deserve that kind of public ridicule. It is not funny.

can't listen too any of em any more their too far out there for me, folks can call me closed minded don't give a dam. but it being closed,it wont let thrash in

I liked their response:

Statement from Meghan Stapleton, Palin spokesperson
Today at 8:08am

"The Palins have no intention of providing a ratings boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show. Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman."

Who gives a crap, the comment was about the whore 18 year old NOT the 14 year old .

The fact that Letterman apologized was applauding.
I don't watch any of those shows unless someone I want to see is on like on Mondays show.

I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but it sure has been troubling to see and hear some of the vile, hateful things she and her family have been subjected to for the past few months. She sure struck a nerve with some people. Why, I don't know. Perhaps they fear her for some reason.

Those who say she has it coming because she put herself in the public eye are full of crap. Some things should be off limits. "Joking" about a 14 year old girl getting knocked up is one of those things. Yeah, real funny, people.

The comment was about the 18 year old ,no one knew which daughter she had with her at the ball game and it was assumed it was the unwed 18 year old with a child..
Geese you guys the comments you make about people and their values yet you seem to not care about all that has come out about "lets say the open sexualness" of the family despite their god fearing ways.. :roll:

Whatever ,I agree with Lammies statement:
I'm about ready for Mrs. Palin's fifteen minutes to be up.
me too and the fact that it makes Canadian media all the time is even worse.

hillsdown":1ekb2wpr said:
Geese you guys the comments you make about people and their values yet you seem to not care about all that has come out about "lets say the open sexualness" of the family despite their god fearing ways.. :roll:
Does anybody understand what hd is saying here?

ga. prime":dtwo0g4r said:
hillsdown":dtwo0g4r said:
Does anybody understand what hd is saying here?

I think she's saying that if a girl is 18 years old, is the daughter of a conservative, Christian woman, and has had a child out of wedlock, then it's OK to joke about her getting knocked up at a baseball game. Those preachy, conservative Christians deserve what's coming to them, you know. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.