Darn truck!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Last week truck was blowing steam from under the hood! Discovered I couldn't open the hood! Thank goodness for sons,mine came,whacked the hood and it popped open...Had a pinpoint hole in a radiator hose..OK,yesterday,I came home,steam billowing from
the hood---I still can't pull hard enough to pop the hood,son came,heater hose had gave up..don't know why,it was only 20 years old..
Anyways,truck is fixed,,,for now...need the darn thing,else I'd get rid of it..

Yep, there's no such a thing as mass transit out where you are, is there? People in Texas need their vehicles. I hope it stays fixed this time.

There's a thing called "preventive maintenance"...

Every 3-4 years (sooner if necessary) replace:

Battery
Fan Belts (or serpentine belt)
Radiator Hoses

At every oil change (3000 to 4000 miles or every 3 months whichever comes sooner):

Check air pressure in spare tire...
All fluids
Check belts & hoses

Always keep "top half" of gas tank filled...that way, the "bottom half" is always there for a "spare"...

Finally...

always keep cell phone with you (and charged)...

peg4x4":3qc2qp80 said:
Last week truck was blowing steam from under the hood! Discovered I couldn't open the hood! Thank goodness for sons,mine came,whacked the hood and it popped open...Had a pinpoint hole in a radiator hose..OK,yesterday,I came home,steam billowing from
the hood---I still can't pull hard enough to pop the hood,son came,heater hose had gave up..don't know why,it was only 20 years old..
Anyways,truck is fixed,,,for now...need the darn thing,else I'd get rid of it..
It might be a good idea to have the thermostat changed and the anti-freeze changed also when a vehicle goes to blowing hoses it is sometimes a sign that the thermostat is sticking shut or only opening part of the way or the radiator is getting clogged and the hoses are the weakest point so they go first JMO

Yeah,we do have a CARTS bus comes right by the house,but it takes a full hour to wind it's way over to the store,and longer to get back,so yeah,I can get from here to there..but....
So much has been going on the truck has had to take a far backseat,hope to do better on mantanance in the future..However am running out of fingers to plug holes ..
also truck sits for days at the time,then I drive it at the most 5 miles,usually only a mile at the time--a tank of gas lasts me more than a month!! Many things have changed sense i bought it...mostly not for the better--well lots of stuff IS better.....

Latest posts